100 views and 2 days... Nil response!

After posting this thread http://www.briskoda....wering-springs/ nearly 2 days ago and having 100 views, not one bit of advice or help has come my way. I'm wondering if i had a VRS badge on my car would i get more of a response?? im not asking for someone to fit them im just looking for a little help, i thought out of 100 views i would have got a little advice.

Had I known the answer, I would have replied, but I don't.

All I can say is that swapping suspension is pretty much the same on most cars...

If it's any consolation, my useless response should at least keep your thread near the top!

After posting this thread http://www.briskoda....wering-springs/ nearly 2 days ago and having 100 views, not one bit of advice or help has come my way. I'm wondering if i had a VRS badge on my car would i get more of a response?? im not asking for someone to fit them im just looking for a little help, i thought out of 100 views i would have got a little advice.

Maybe people looked to see what you had wrote but were unable to answer (I know I did, I haven't ever fitted springs so I couldn't say).

Chill out, if people know, whatever version of the Fabia you have, they will help!

• Like 3

Maybe people looked to see what you had wrote but were unable to answer (I know I did, I haven't ever fitted springs so I couldn't say).

Chill out, if people know, whatever version of the Fabia you have, they will help!

ok fair nuff. :wub:

I sort of did this job myself with my mechanic friend who did most of it.I've done jobs like this solo before but advancing age meant now I did not tackle it alone....so I don't recall each step BUT if you look around there will be many guides on this job for cars with strut type front suspension,so essentially the same,I guess that the mk1 Fabia suspension is perhaps identical.

You need spring compressors,a good set of sockets and spanners and,the way we did it,a 36mm socket for the hub nut AND,because these are not re-usable you need a new pair of them.

Because this job involves some mechanical nouse and spannering experience and disconnection of brake parts don't attempt it if you are not confident of your ability.

Also the car is quite new, if you look into fitting the vrs eibachs many people get the dealer to do it.

my local indy quoted £100 to fit eibachs so £25 per corner to not get dirty crushed under the car or balls it up is a fair price imho