Fabia vrs brakes and cv joint

sazelle

Hi just took my car for its mot and its failed for rear disc and pads and a broken calliper after some research I have discovered that calliper s are a common fault but I am very confused as the disc and pads were changed 12 months ago! And I drive on motorways and the disc I took off were the ones it come with 3 years before........ How have they worn out after 15k miles? Also cv joint it failed 3 years ago for the same one why would this be an issue any ideas please

Sticking caliper could have cooked the disc?

hey devonutopia would that have done both? And cv joint split again after 30 k and 35 months? Was fitted by Skoda as well when it failed for it 2010

Guest BigJase88

it's always on the motorway big jase

I meant they never get used (the brakes) with being on the motorway ;)

Had three calipers on the wife's Fabia and two wheel bearings - not impressed.

My old Vulva 850R did 230,000 miles on the same calipers and same wheel bearings, wife's car hasn't even got to 100,000 miles!

A Skoda with a similar new purchase price to the Volvo might also be good for 230,000 miles from the bearings.

Was the Fabia around a 1/3rd of the price of a 850R ?

Probably replacement Fabia Bearings & Calipers will have cost 1/4 compared to doing them on the Volvo.

george

I've had over 25 cars and never had this problem, many were Fords to so in theory worse on the reliability front. Likewise no such issues on the Octavia and that's just clocked 100,000 miles.

Add in various other things including an aircon condensor and aircon pump and I'm not impressed with VAG quality on the Fabia.

Edited by JezF1000

They are indeed cr4p, then again others might not be.

&

then your Octavia has yet to do many more miles than the Fabia and it might also be a problem in a few more thousand miles.

Lots of bad ones in the sections, lots of them never give owners a bit of bother.

If all cars lasted for ever, i think we would all be buying that model for ever. Well only once actually and never need another car..

eg All driving Volvos.

george

Mine is 9 year old and I have owned it since it was 4.5 in that time I have replaced front disc pads rear ones twice after this the heater unit Nsr calliper rear shockers front suspension arms bump stops osf wheel bearing osr door lock main engine wiring loom all abs sensors anti roll bar bushes track rod ends drop link arms twice brake pedal switch resealed rear doors twice coolant sensor fan belt pulley nsf window regulator coolant expansion tank nsf cv boot 2x now yeah it's got 137 k on it but theses are motorway miles hate vag build quality and clearly car hates me but I cannot get rid of it. Once this is done I still have to re-paint back bumper where the clear paint has come off and change the wiring loom in nsf window so it will work from ns door switch and egr valve that leaks lol

I feel quite lucky by comparison then!

We both still love the Fabia though and have no plans to change.

you know why it stays cos when it works its fab inspection Light on and 480 miles to 48 quid diesel lol