Fitted mondeo drop links but it's still knocking.

It's had console bushes done. Got the cupra ones. I'm running JOMs. It's not stupid low just lower than normal. The roll bar is rubbing the drive shaft and I get a knocking on full lock

I got the mk1 mondeo ones. Going to look at getting the high loop roll bar

Nice one. Pretty much the only way you can do it without getting rid of the ARB completely.

Next issue will be the driveshaft catching the chassis...if you intend on going that low that is.

I'd be interested how that works out cost wise over just buying some decent coil overs in the first place?

As most people run their cars as low as possible, and they got the knocking, I thought it wouldn't be a problem for me as I wasent going that low. I will look at the bar or adjustable drop links. I'm no racer just wanted my car to be lower and tighter. It's not a massive problem because I hardly use the car at the moment. Plus the JOMs were £150 new on eBay.

Mondeo drop links aren't much shorter, so often (depending on where the connection point for the drop links is on the strut) they won't be enough.

There's a company which make smaller ones, I forget the brand though (so maybe a pointless reply- sorry!)

On a side note, I'd never use cheap coilovers again. The ride quality is terrible.

£150 for adjustable coilovers is insane. That's like paying an accountant a tenner and expecting a legitimate tax return.

Its the 2004 TDCI ones you need.

MK1 would be 1993 - 1996

The company I ordered them from messed up and sent both out. They are identical.

• Like 1

I know you get what you pay for. I'm not fussed about the ride. It's really not as bad as everyone makes out.

Fair enough, the next level up though have proper drop link mountings that dont require different drop links or anti roll bar and offer superior ride quality and handling.