Moon White vRS 245 Combi

Gobsheene

Took custody of the new dadwagon last week and really enjoying it so far! It was a bloody long wait since I placed the order in October last year at 201 days. 

My 3rd vRS and easilly the best of the 3 as you would expect! 

My previous ones are;
and 

Being a 245 it has a few extras over the standard VRS.
Bigger brakes and the VAQ limited slip diff make a great difference over my old MK2.

Power delivery is much improved with 45 bhp more than I'm used too, and much better throttle response.

All the chrome being eliminated makes it much closer to my taste too.

Hoping to make a few sublte changes as its is a Lease car I cant go mad, so anything that goes on must come off again! 

Thanks for looking
Niall

IMG_20180510_164712.jpg

IMG_20180510_164720.jpg

IMG_20180513_154718_909.jpg

IMG_20180513_203726.jpg

IMG_20180513_203737.jpg

IMG_20180513_203742.jpg

IMG_20180513_203753.jpg

Edited by Gobsheene
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some boring AF updates.... but still happy with them!

Boot liner fitted, already has a spillage so very happy its fully water proof. Still thinking of adding a rubber liber too.
Clear Paint Protection fitted too. Nice easy wee job. 

I've added some LED side repeaters too, no videos but they're much more visible and suit the lights better!

I've treated it to a couple of coat of Fusso coat99.
Good old RainX on the windows an Anachem Ultragloss on the tires.

I went to see Neil@rockvaleGraphics at the weekend and fitted a shorter length front plate to suit the front bumper .

IMG_20180520_122303.jpg

IMG_20180520_122250.jpg

IMG_20180521_091811.jpg

IMG_20180602_232119.jpg

IMG_20180603_141142.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phillips said:

Where did you get the clear bumper protector from? Dog paws have left some unwanted scratches on mine.

From this seller on eBay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323220565544?clk_rvr_id=1556766568817&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

I did get an email this morning saying they're out of stock, but i'd contact them anyway! 

You'll have to remove the scratches to get it to adhere propperly around that area so hope they're not too bad.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gobsheene said:

From this seller on eBay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323220565544?clk_rvr_id=1556766568817&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

I did get an email this morning saying they're out of stock, but i'd contact them anyway! 

You'll have to remove the scratches to get it to adhere propperly around that area so hope they're not too bad.

Thanks, yeah the current scratches wont take long to sort with a machine polisher. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just popping on for a quick update while I have the notion for another Fabia as my commute may be changing in the next few months! 

The vRS245 now has about 9K on it and was recently popped into John Mulholland Skoda for a scheduled Oil service. 

There was a bit of weird behavour with the clutch, so asked them to check this out which proved to be a leaking clutch release bearing which had pished all over the clutchplate. 

They replaced this for me with no issue and I took the car home, a few days later i noticed a large puddle of oil under the car, which turned out to be clutch/brake fluid. 

Skoda roadside recovered the car for me just over a week ago on Saturday, and still no word of getting my car back :( 

Other than that, its been great!

• 3 months later...