Reversing sensors

Does anyone know if the reversing sensors can be adjusted so that they stay on for a few seconds after you take it out of reverse? My old Mondeo did this and it's quite handy between gear changes if you're still rolling a bit.

I know it's not in the maxidot but I wondered if it could be changed in VCDS?

Never seen it in VCDS. The park sensor module doesn't have many controls at all, mostly around trailers and the pitch of the tones.

Mine stays on after I have taken it out of reverse most noticeable in car parks when you are going back and forth and you notice the front sensors being activated.

Mine stay on as well, going forwards or backwards until I reach a certain speed. Again I have front as well as rear sensors, in fact the full park assist so some on the sides as well.

Rear sensors are switched on when reverse is selected and and turned off when it is not. Front and rear sensors are controlled by a switch to the right of the gear lever which turns them on and off. They are also switched on when reverse is selected but have to be switched off manually.

Rear sensors are switched on when reverse is selected and and turned off when it is not. Front and rear sensors are controlled by a switch to the right of the gear lever which turns them on and off. They are also switched on when reverse is selected but have to be switched off manually.

No they don't :rock: as was noted by Spencem they turn off automatically when you are going forward and reach a certain speed this happens at the same time as the dipping (reverse) mirror returns to its normal driving postion.

Edited by Danny 57

No they don't :rock: as was noted by Spencem they turn off automatically when you are going forward and reach a certain speed this happens at the same time as the dipping (reverse) mirror returns to its normal driving postion.

So is there any way to set rear only sensors to turn off when you reach a certain speed going forwards? Like you said the mirror does it, although I doubt they're linked in VCDS