New badge painting

Right, going for something different here, got my badges delivered today, just waiting out for the grill lower trim which I believe the part number is 5J0853607? I want the chrome one... Pictures will explain why...

post-99063-13723376243219_thumb.jpg

Quick photoshop:

post-99063-13723376650234_thumb.jpg

Will be getting the Monte Carlo badges the chrome done in rs green, if you look closely the callipers done the same and the drums black, and with my private plate I'm getting later this year,

Part numbers:

Front badge new emblem :

5J0 853 621AUL

Rear emblem:

5J0 853 621AAUL

Monte Carlo Badge 2013:

5J6853431GTW4

Centre Caps:

5JA601151ULM

And one help me out with the chrome lower grill part number? Found this one on eBay,

5J0853607. £22, not going to get any cheaper am I?

• Like 1

I don't normally go for this sort of thing, but thumbs up for this one - nice and subtle highlighting. :happy:

I don't normally either, didn't want to do too much and thought it would be different, as I have a Forge Dump Valve on order with the silicon in RS Green Aswell, do you think it is subtle enough?

Under the bonnet is fine, I reckon. Just don't disappoint me and turn up with green stripes, wing mirrors or roofs...* :rofl:

* With all due respect to people who like those sorts of things, because hey, it's your car - do what you (legally) like to it.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 2

Just researching the lower grill bit how people have swapped for the black Monte Carlo one, I'm doing the opposite to switch to the green (chrome) one and looking at the Monte Carlo Grill mod stickied post everyone seems to be breaking them and it seems to be a pain to do?

Any advice on this as I still want to keep the Monte Carlo bit without breaking, any advice with this or some one link me to a photo thread?

Cheers guys :)

The trims been painted and looks wicked, just doing the front and rear skoda badges tomorrow just need to look into a different way of doing the centre caps and Monte Carlo badges as these cant be sprayed really, thinking of getting a model painter to do them for me lol

post-99063-13728644690204_thumb.jpg

Will upload a picture of the grill trim Aswell, just trying to find a way to do the centre caps and Monte Carlo badges!

Definitely impressed with the finish, got a mate to do it for £20 materials included!

How easy was it to remove the grille trim?

I bought a whole new set of badges and grill in chrome.

As many want to change back to standard later in and sell on, so not got round to the grill trim yet, reading through the Monte Carlo grill mod stickie isn't much help, the photos seem to be expired so of anyone can help out more would be much appreciated :)

I had the chrome ones on a standered fabia and vinyl wrapped the crome lower one

i'm planning on wrapping the lower grille, not painting it, did you do it when it was on the car, if so was it easy to do?

post-99063-13733120878795_thumb.jpg

Badges painted, still researching the best way to remove the grill trim without breaking it to put the green one back on

post-99063-13733121500806_thumb.jpg

Someone help lol

Needs more green

Monte Carlo Badges, centre caps, dust caps, callipers, maybe wheel nuts will be done soon enough, don't want to do too much! Feel like a road runners taxi!
  • Like 1

thanks for the inspiration, I've combined what I was going to do with what you've done and come up with this!!

67f9d955-e23f-4203-b1d1-5914eec17f61_zps

9252b11e-13db-455b-9b6d-7a3a58fc62f6_zps

Not to everyones taste, I know, but a little different.

• Like 1