Wife's Vrs (Now DS3) traded in...Again!

After nearly 3 years and a new engine.......the time has come for a new motor for the Wife.
She had always admired our friend's Citroen DS3...so today we went to look at one, ending up buying a new DS3 sport plus with the 1.6 turbo 155 bhp engine in blue with a black roof. Very impressed with the dealership and the deal. She picks it up on Friday (they had the right spec in stock)

Lovely looking car outside, bit too querky inside for me.

Test drove a 2 year old 155bhp - was not impressed - bad gear changes and brakes, put me and my mate off - we ended up buying Fabia vRS's lol

I've always liked the Citroën design, but with less power, more cost, and suspect reliability ( I know your fabia hasn't been reliable, ( oe your icty fir yhat matter!) but both mine have) I have always decided against... Let us know how things go, give us a review, and descuptions of what goes wring ;)

Missed as a dart Dave? Lol

Alan's wife's DS3 was fault free for the 3 years she had it

Citroen have moved on ...otherwise we wouldn't have considered one

The interior design and quality is streets ahead of the Fabia.....ok ..the car is not quite as fast.....but it's not far away

We have paid for 3 year alloy wheel insurance too...she wrecked the Fabia chrome ones!,

• Like 1

The training shoe looking ds3 is the sportiest one - 200bhp and black/orange.

Judging by top gear last night, 178bhp isn't enough but a decent chassis to boot is :)

I had a Dsport Plus before the VRS and I do miss some aspects of it. Its not as quick but still goes like the clappers and the interior is light years ahead of the VRS. I would say it doesn't feel as tight as the fabia but didn't rattle half as much and I never had any problems with it. Plus it does handle alot better from stock. Plenty of standard kit to!

Straight line speed is the Fabia's trump card, but show it a bend and I never felt reassured unlike the previous Mk1

Also, as you say, the interior design and the chassis are light years up on the Fabia

meh, my new fabia is lowered, and had a RARB on order :P

how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking (for the purposes of comparison, as my new estate cost £15,200 with bluetooth and climate, and springs.......)

I paid 17,000 in the end. It came with leather, parking sensors, rain sensitive wipers, auto lights, power folding mirrors, cruise, bluetooth and upgraded subwoofer stereo. 

Alot of car for the money but so is the fabia. They are both brilliant but I guess like everything - matter of opinion and taste :)

May I also add, the swing stereo is pants compared to it. The Citroen had a cool menu system for choosing songs plus all that automatic assist tech and buttons for dialling the emergency services. 

Hey ho! Only a peice of metal! 

Can't beat the speed and gearbox though of the Fab and I'm a big kid so that wins any time! 

Edited by abovethresh

Did you watch top gear last night? Buy the ST apparently :)

I did suggest we go and look at the ST but she wasn't interested

Her car, her money, her choice

However, I really like it too :)

May I also add, the swing stereo is pants compared to it. The Citroen had a cool menu system for choosing songs plus all that automatic assist tech and buttons for dialling the emergency services.

To be fair, the swing unit is pretty naff compared to most units cars have fitted.

Think my Rapid has one, it's going to have to go...

Wow - interesting times indeed Chris. You were meant to sell the Octavia and get on with the Porsche dream  :giggle:

I wanted your VRS CR DSG for the missus!!!

I will be interested in the Citroen reviews for sure; shame she didnt venture for the a test drive in the Fiesta ST.

Car shopping for me this weekend too..... well, for SWMBO....