Heated Seats not available on 1.4 TSi Elegance

My parents have just been trying to put through an order for a 1.4 TSi Elegance. The only option they want on it is heated seats and they have been told this has been width-drawn from the available options on the 1.4 TSi! Thinking it might be a dealer scam to get a higher priced diesel they spoke to SkodaUK and they also said they were not able select it on the options.

Has anyone got this configuration. The SUK did say that it may just be for the moment like that.

I think it mentioned that on the build info thread at the top of this forum - something like winter pack only available on diesels. Afaik, its going to be changed later this year but I dont have a build week confirmation.

Yeah I had seen about the winter pack but did not realise it included the seats as a separate option.

hey have just lost one sale for now. Until that becomes available my parents won't be ordering. I just don't understand the reasoning or have they been really stupid and put too small and alternator in the petrol that can't power a heated windscreen and seats

Having it as an option is one thing. To not provide it at all is another. I've never understood the logic, surely its all going through the same factory lines so just have 1 model with different options/defaults for each country, not a different subset here, another there.

Interesting the specs list "Leather upholstery (contains some artificial leather) and heated front seats" so the heated seats are probably built in.

So if that's the case it means it can't be down to the alternator etc not being up to it so its just plain dum not to offer the option. Maybe at Goodwood I will be able to have a chart with one of the Skoda people.

As I understand from when I ordered my car, on the diesels you can have heated seats as a stand alone option but not the heated windscreen which comes only as part of the winter pack which includes heated seats and heated washer nozzles as well as the heated windscreen.

So it's just SUK messing around with the config. Fingers crossed they will sort it soon otherwise I can see my parents saying stuff it and going for the Passat again

So it's just SUK messing around with the config. Fingers crossed they will sort it soon otherwise I can see my parents saying stuff it and going for the Passat again

So at the end of the day, VAG have exactly what they want. 'Remove the chrome from the new Octavia - it looks too classy and will impact on the bigger proft leading Passat.....'

(That was the reasoning I heard over the weekend for the Chrome going!) :(

So at the end of the day, VAG have exactly what they want. 'Remove the chrome from the new Octavia - it looks too classy and will impact on the bigger proft leading Passat.....'

(That was the reasoning I heard over the weekend for the Chrome going!) :(

Thats a real shame it that is true. It is a double edge sword really, if skoda had not become under the wing of VAG then I suspect they would be either left to the history books or a very low volume vehicle manufacture now. VAG took skoda on and as a result they will probably always be that 'one step' back from VW or Audi. I can live with it though as secretly I still think we get the better deal in the end as we get value for our money and tested technology!!!!

OK I understand about the chrome trim and how this might make the car look much more luxurious but to not have heated seats is a bit of a joke as you can buy heated seats on many many cars that are way way cheaper than a Octavia, its certainly not a sign of a luxury brand

Edited by Rob_Quads

You can even get heated seats in the Roomster, not to have them on the Octy3 seems like a stamping of feet in the Veedub/audi corner and a long way from business sense..

Hi guys,

Just received a phone call from the Skoda dealer I ordered an Octavia 3 1.4 SE estate from on 21/6/13 to say that I can now have the heated seats option. Was told that they were not available when I placed the order ( 2 weeks ago) although there was no problem with the other options I,d 

specified! Pleased about this, as I really like them current in the current Octavia. Hope this might be helpful  to anyone in a similar position.