Skoda Rapid bulb types

Hello Great People,

I've taken delivery of a Skoda Rapid today after being let down several times on a Skoda Octavia order. I've looked through the manual for the car, but i'm unable to find out which bulb types the car uses for rear lights, interior lights and maybe a few of the front lights. The absolute only info on bulbs i can find is that it uses H7 for ?? and H15 for ??. 

Could someone please (I BEG YOU) clear this out once and for all?

Thank you very much in advance!

- Cown

Congrats on your new ride.

i wanted to check all lemps, but i ve been a bit busy lately, so i will post the info i have so far.

if you fill in the missing types, pls post them all together.

Front

front DRL H15

front side markers T10 W5W

turn light (signal light) BAU15S PY21W (offset pins)

Front low beam ??

Front high beam ??

Rear

turn light (signal light) BAU15S PY21W (offset pins)

Rear light ??

Rear brake ??

Rear plate

T10 W5W

Interior dome lights

??

Trunk light

??

• Like 1

Just to clear this up, i've called several dealers and checked the new ETKA service manual:

Front

front DRL H15

front side markers T10 W5W

turn light (signal light) BAU15S PY21W (offset pins)

Front low beam H7

Front high beam H15 (integrated with DRL function which is 15W. High beam is 55W)

Rear

turn light (signal light) BAU15S PY21W (offset pins)

Rear light/break P21/4W (P21/5W can be modified to fit)

Rear reversing P21W

Rear plate

T10 W5W

Interior dome lights

T10 W5W

Trunk light

T10 W5W

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I really wanted a Skoda spare bulb kit for my Rapid, firstly as I prefer to replace blown bulbs with original equipment ones and secondly because I wanted to store it in the dedicated space in the tool box supplied with the spare wheel.  I found the part number 5JA 052 00A but it was not available online or from the dealers in the UK.  However, the Czech web site with the part also listed the bulbs it carried:

5JA 052 000A:                         

• H7           Dipped
  • H15         Full/DRL
  • W5W        Park Front; Number Plate
  • PY21W     Indicator Front & Rear
  • H8           Fog
  • P21W       Reverse
  • P21/4W    Brake/Park; Fog/Park
  • W3W        Park Rear
  • WY5W      Repeater

Designed for cars:

Rapid (produced from 2012 to the present)

I ordered: Spare Bulb Kit - Roomster/Fabia 2008>2013 (BDB700002) readily available online and this gave me the box and the bulbs I've highlighted in green together with an extra bulb, C5W, which I believe to be the rear interior light.  All the bulbs in the kit were by OSRAM so I ordered the remaining bulbs from Amazon from the OSRAM original equipment line.

Couple of notes:  I found to my expense the 24V version of the W3W bulbs is more common and you have to be careful to look for the 12V version.  All the bulbs except the H15 fitted safely in the box, as the H15 came in its own carboard box I found a space in the spare wheel tool box supplied to lodge it on its own.

Hello,

It took me a while to come to grips with the rear light cluster bulbs.  Looking at the left lamp assembly it consists of a red C shape with the centre of the C being clear plastic.  When you switch on the parking lights 4 bulbs in the red C shape illuminate.  There are two W3W bulbs in the vertical spine of the C illuminated and the 4W filament of the P21/4W at the top and bottom C arms also illuminate.  The 21W filament of the top bulb is the brake light and the 21W filament of the bottom bulb is the rear fog light.  In the clear plastic centre of the C you will find the P21W reversing light and the PY21W yellow coloured turn indicator bulbs.

On my car I found the nearside rear fog light did not illuminate.  Before I took the lamp off I googled this and the concensus is that this is a VW safety feature to make the brake lights more obvious.  Some suggest that if you are going to a country which drives on the opposite side the illuminating lamp can be switched by software control at the dealership. 

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody

I'm new here (on briskoda), I found this site & forum searching for the type of bulb light for a 2013 Rapid. Only here I could find this, so many thanks to the  users that have put here the information.

I can add and/or confirm the type of bulbs provided by Skoda on my own car (I dismantled the front and rear bulbs or lamps):

-front low beam: Philips, 12V, 55W, H7, DOT 129 72LL

-front high beam & DRL: Osram H15, 12V, 15/55W, U64176, Germany, E1 2P4 W2Q1

-front side markers: W5W

-front turn light: PY21W (orange)

-rear number plate: W5W, 5W, Toshiba

-rear left side marker: W3W (2 pc.) + P21 4W (2 pc.) - P21 4W is a 2 filaments bulb

-rear right side marker: W3W (2 pc.) + P21 4W (1 pc.) + ??? (I didn't dismantled the right lamp too)

-rear fog: only on the left side, the same bulb as for the side marker (P21 4W)

-rear brake:  the same bulb (1 for left, 1 for right) as for the side marker (P21 4W)

-rear turn lights: PY21W (orange), Osram

-rear reversing: P21W, Osram

I don't know the bulbs for:

-turn lights on the sides

-central brake lamp

I don't know how to dismantle the covers for interior dome lights (front and back seats). Can anybody help me ?

All the bulbs are incandescent type (with filament).

And a very important question: the bulbs for the low & high beam and DRL must be UV filtered ? Nothing about this in the manual.

LE: Dismantling the interior dome covers: here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/309723-rear-interior-light-wiring-mods/?p=3703682

Edited by RChris

Front interior dome light is:

Sides W5W (2x).

Middle C5W (1x).

I'm unsure with the dome in the back. 

Edited by Cown

Sorry, I am not clear:

Inside the car, the light for the front seats is in the middle, and probably (I didn't check) the bulbs are W5W as you already said. For the back seats probably C5W.

But nobody says about turn lights on sides (exterior), and for the center internal brake lamp.

And the most important for me (and for everybody, if replacing the main front bulbs): must they be UV protected (filtered) ? If anybody uses UV not filtered bulbs, the headlights glass could be damaged (depending on its material).

• 4 months later...

Am I missing something….  I drive on the continent on holidays and in many countries you have to carry a spar bulb kit or take a on the spot fine!

warning triangle and if you were glasses a spare pear…etc 

So Skoda UK don't do a bulb kit ? to meet with the regulations mmmmm Looked in Halfords they don't list one …….

Many of the bulb kits supplied for the Rapid like the one you linked have the P21/5W bulb rather than the P21/4W required.  The locating pin offset on the base of the bulb is different to prevent the 5W being fitted although I have read of it being used but it then gives a light warning on the dashboard.  You may wish to replace just that one in the kit from say:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ANDGVE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1/276-8998064-0316833?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=10JQ3RQ84GCK9YRF8V3V&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_i=B004L0K9GA

Osram Original Equipment quality P21/4W-566 bulbs in a twin blister pack.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi!  I know it's a few years down the line since the above posts but I've just followed vc-10 and wirer's (thank you guys!) very helpful guide on changing the bulbs on the Skoda Rapid's side indicator repeater lamps in the door mirrors.

The bulb stated by Saffron Skoda above is a WY5W for the Repeater but does this signify that it's an orange bulb?

Basically, because Halfords said they didn't stock them, I ordered the bulbs from Amazon Prime UK on Bank Holiday Monday at 5.41pm (they arrived this morning) but before I pull a friend's Rapid door mirror apart, did I actually order the correct bulbs?  Are they indeed the same ones used in a Fabia Mk 3 as vc-10 asserts?

Thank you.

JimmyR

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/453915-fabia-mk3-side-repeater-bulb-change/

Rapid side repeater bulb change

By vc-10, 9 August, 2018 in Skoda Rapid Guides

img428.jpg

img429.jpg

Just a quick note to say that the bulbs were indeed the correct ones and the replacement was much easier than anticipated because it only took a couple of minutes.  Thanks again to vc-10 and wirer for making it so simple for me. 😀

• 3 years later...

Just an update on this thread which has been very helpful. I tried to order the Fabia emergency bulb set for my Rapid as a good starting point (about 75% of the required bulbs are in it). Sadly I was told by Skoda Parts Direct that it is no longer available so I've got an Autolamps set from Ebay which pretty much does the same thing. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363048904528