superb 4x4 estate. new or f/l model

Hi All,

Dealer has offered me a elegance 4x4 estate 170 manual with auto dim, parking sensers, electric boot, sunset glass etc for 24k. the car has just been registered by them (less than 10m on the clock). what do you all think, is this a good price for it as with all the extras it works out to 30k or order the f/l which works out just under 34k?

Will the older shape depreciate a lot more than the f/l?

All thoughts welcome

not bothered with dsg just wondering how much the old shape would be in 3yrs to the f/lift model as the new shape would be out then

not bothered with dsg just wondering how much the old shape would be in 3yrs to the f/lift model as the new shape would be out then

At the three year point, I would expect the price difference to be no more than £1000-£1500. Compare difference between 2009 pre-FL / FL Octavia to get an idea.

Sounds like a good deal to me as that's even better than a VAT-free type of offer, which was never offered on the diesel estates. If you're not that fussed about buying the FL, I'd get pre-FL and save the £10k and put it towards the Superb III.

Start at £21.5k and edge up to about £23k it all depends how you read them at the time and what you can pay.

Edited by Danny 57

Hi All,

Dealer has offered me a elegance 4x4 estate 170 manual with auto dim, parking sensers, electric boot, sunset glass etc for 24k. the car has just been registered by them (less than 10m on the clock). what do you all think, is this a good price for it as with all the extras it works out to 30k or order the f/l which works out just under 34k?

Will the older shape depreciate a lot more than the f/l?

All thoughts welcome

That is a crap deal, tell them that you see it at 20k and no more, their other option is BCA or Manheim for £17k minus seller fees.

That is a crap deal, tell them that you see it at 20k and no more, their other option is BCA or Manheim for £17k minus seller fees.

One-year old ones with 10k miles are on the forecourt at £21k at the moment.

That's a good deal, OP, and, remember, when you go to change your car will be one of the newest CR170 4x4 manuals. There's bound to be a strong market for a manual 4x4.

If you're happy with the deal, go for it. You'll always get some smart-ar5e who will tell you you can do better.

• Like 1

That's a good deal, OP, and, remember, when you go to change your car will be one of the newest CR170 4x4 manuals. There's bound to be a strong market for a manual 4x4. If you're happy with the deal, go for it. You'll always get some smart-ar5e who will tell you you can do better.

It's the old shape though bud and already has one owner on the logbook, if he goes to the right dealer he'll get a brand new one for the same money as they still have some old stock to shift,

@ Jake, the car has been overpriced s/h ever since launch tbh, you wait until the end of the year and you want to px I'll bet they will offer a really poor px and then re sell it for magic money again, a fella here had one when they first launched and had issues with it and wanted rid of asap and Skoda offered him an abysmal px price for a 6 mth old car.

The FL is the same shape "bud".

The no of owners will not affect resale (in a few years), given it is purely a dealer pre-reg. The value will totally depend on how it is used/maintained.

The FL is the same shape "bud". The no of owners will not affect resale (in a few years), given it is purely a dealer pre-reg. The value will totally depend on how it is used/maintained.

From my experience they seem to be worth not much at px time but after a magic oil change they regroup their value just in time for re-sale :think:

@ Jake, the car has been overpriced s/h ever since launch tbh, you wait until the end of the year and you want to px I'll bet they will offer a really poor px and then re sell it for magic money again, a fella here had one when they first launched and had issues with it and wanted rid of asap and Skoda offered him an abysmal px price for a 6 mth old car.

As soon as you drive it off the forecourt you will lose money. Unfortunately that is the process of buying and selling a car, but the first year of depreciation for OP will be much less painful buying the outgoing version than buying the FL as more than 20% has been taken off the price already. Especially as OP has said he wants to buy new.

Dealers buy low and sell high, and try to maximise the bit in the middle. Unfortunately that means some might be greedy (if for example they have a very full stock list already), or very lean (if for example you go in at the end of a cold and wet month and they want to meet their sales targets).

From my experience they seem to be worth not much at px time but after a magic oil change they regroup their value just in time for re-sale :think:

From your experience - How many Superb II estates have you traded in then??