Gally28's Fabia vRS

Gally28

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done abit of research and one of my mates said if its running 175bhp+ atm with the mods, he could remap it to around 240bhp, only thing is i think its just a map done on a computer not on the dyno or anything, he's chargin £225 what you guys think?

Done abit of research and one of my mates said if its running 175bhp+ atm with the mods, he could remap it to around 240bhp, only thing is i think its just a map done on a computer not on the dyno or anything, he's chargin £225 what you guys think?

You should laugh at him, get it mapped by someone properly. Not by someone who just bought a cheap laptop off eBay and thinks they know what they are doing. Btw have a look at the figures in various threads on the forum. 240bhp is GTB turbo territory. Well the budget kit anyway, even that is pushing it.

You should expect to run 200-210 bhp with a hybrid pd130 turbo and 220-230 bhp with a hybrid pd150 turbo.

Even though they are what you should make pretty much 70% of all of the pd150 hybrid cars that are on here are just a tad over 200bhp.

He has had quite a few reviews and they have said he's pretty good, now i knew it wouldnt achieve 240bhp, but he uses a system that isn't just the ordinary map upload, he remap's it on a computer to the specific modifications on the car, thats why he charges abit dearer, reckon its worth doing? And then get it put on rollers?

He has had quite a few reviews and they have said he's pretty good, now i knew it wouldnt achieve 240bhp, but he uses a system that isn't just the ordinary map upload, he remap's it on a computer to the specific modifications on the car, thats why he charges abit dearer, reckon its worth doing? And then get it put on rollers?

Does he test the car? Like map it on the road or do it all from his desk. My stage 1 map was a generic Shark map which I was happy to have uploaded as its just a stage 1. I had it done by AP Automotive and I'm over the moon with it!

When I get my hybrid it will be mapped on a dyno or mapped on the road via logs. After reading online done people prefer their cars mapped on the road as its where the car will actually be used day in and day out.

My generic stage 1 map was £270 but my hybrid map is going to cost £350. I personally would pay the extra mate but £240 is a good price, you could always give it a go.

Has the car been mapped for the mods before? It's likely you'll need an updated clutch and fly wheel to cope with the power :)

No mate the car was mapped to 170bhp and then had all mods done, this guy is saying he can specifically tune it as i had to give him a list oh modifications, i think he does it by computer, reads my car etc and then sends the info of to somewhere and then recieves it back or something, im not to sure but he said with the mods its had it will be well over 200bhp?

No mate the car was mapped to 170bhp and then had all mods done, this guy is saying he can specifically tune it as i had to give him a list oh modifications, i think he does it by computer, reads my car etc and then sends the info of to somewhere and then recieves it back or something, im not to sure but he said with the mods its had it will be well over 200bhp?

It should be anything between 190 bhp and 220 bhp really. But then again figures don't mean a thing if your happy with the way it drives :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not posted for a while, got loads of updates to come soon when i get on my computer.

Just purchased some FK AK street coilovers from dpmperformance of ebay!

Was just wondering what there like to fit from anyone with previous experience, have i purchased everything i will need or will i need to buy new parts?

They come with shortened drop links, you might want to replace the top mounts and top mount bearing. I also used the ibiza cupra rear bump stops as they're shorter.

I was very unhappy with my FK AK coilovers, the front blew after 8 months and 8,000 miles. I purchased them from DPM and tried to get it replaced 'under 12 month' warranty but was told they were out of stock, coincidently till after the time my warranty ran out.

They come with shortened drop links, you might want to replace the top mounts and top mount bearing. I also used the ibiza cupra rear bump stops as they're shorter.

I was very unhappy with my FK AK coilovers, the front blew after 8 months and 8,000 miles. I purchased them from DPM and tried to get it replaced 'under 12 month' warranty but was told they were out of stock, coincidently till after the time my warranty ran out.

Really?? Wow bad news pal, well there ordered anyway should arrive today so guess ill just have to see how i go, cheers for advice, where can i get mounts and bump stops from? And whats the reason for changing bump stops??

Really?? Wow bad news pal, well there ordered anyway should arrive today so guess ill just have to see how i go, cheers for advice, where can i get mounts and bump stops from? And whats the reason for changing bump stops??

I bought some APs after, they were much better.

http://www.vwspares.co.uk

I got mine from there and the bump stops from TPS. Basically shorter bump stops on the rear so that they don't max out and cause a crashy ride when your running quite low.

The FKs go silly low on the back, to get the front and back level on mine I was 8 more turns on the front and 17 turns up on the back!

Think it says;

Front Lowering: 30-100mm

Rear Lowering: 30-75mm

For the FK AK street coilover i just got

Correct, but trust me, I left the adjusters out on the rear first time, dropped the car and wheel was in the arch like a dirty old 306 haha.

Yeah thats correct mate so heres after fitting and adjusting them today.

Here is the back which the adjusters are all the way down, so lowest they will go..

C9FB9E16-A966-4BD0-981C-CDA965A1B5D6_zps

And here is the front, adjusters all way down, low as they go..

7E956CE0-9703-4E99-A5D3-CBA9E62A438E_zps

IMO i dont think its very low, and would of thought coilovers would of gone lower than this, back is lower than front, i know it doesn't look much diff on pictures.

38722215-D0D6-4C5B-B68F-53AC3CBE52D3_zps

35B9645F-FB61-4392-A3FC-DF256AB59407_zps

ANOTHER UPDATE:

So after my turbo going i ordered a new one which is a hybrid pd130 unit based Garrett GT1749V shell and GT1749VC internals / fan, this also came today and fitted it, changed oil, changed air filter, got a pipercross panel filter for it, and the car seems to be lacking in power much!! It feels like theres no pull there, turbo chatters like theres enough boost and there is a lot more black smoke than there was when trying to boost, i know it needs remapping which is getting done very soon, but wouldnt of thought by changing the turbo would resolve in the car being this down on power? The turbo is making a very slight whistleing noise but nothing like it sounded when the old turbo was knackered!

Any help much appreciated!

What you guys think

Managed to get a video of the whisteling noise on the turbo, still no power really, not been mapped yet but the guy said theres a screw that most probably needs turning out on turbo? Anyway heres the direct link to video:

http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/louisgallimore/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/BBD270B3-F934-4958-A06F-B5B29872DA1D_zpsvdvupcvq.mp4.html