Yeti Trip report- Germany and Czech

angrybeard

Thanks for the report. I have been to Nuernberg (German spelling) a few times with work, a lovely place and very friendly people. A project I'm working on is being worked in Nuernberg and Stuttgart so hopefully I will get the chance to go over and visit again. Maybe take Jana and given the chance pop over to her birthplace. Also been to Bad Hartzberg area on a motorcycle although my best memory is riding down to Heidelberg area near the Hockenheimring back in the 90s'

Took my 1.4 TSi to Münster last month and really enjoyed the trip. Sat nav was great and seat very comfortable. Whipped the seats out with loads of space for two bikes - a Moulton and a Brommie

Nice tour report. I'm looking forward to a long happy relationship with our new 2 litre diesel in August. However, I envy you your visit to the Glass Factory in Dresden, as I am the extremely happy owner of a nearly 5 year old V8 VW Phaeton, and can only disagree with the notion that it is not enough car for the money. Sadly, VW did nowhere near enough to promote this amazing car after its launch, and it has suffered from crushingly ignorant brand snobbery, much as our marque still labours under with some berks, even today. People seem to prefer fashion slave Mercedes and bossy Bimmers, rather ugly in my opinion. I love the classic lines of VAG's best cars, amongst which I number Skodas of course, perhaps the best built of all of them. Everyone who drives or rides in a Phaeton raves over them, with very rare and to me inexplicable exceptions. And the Yeti seems to be one of Britain's favourite cars. Can't wait for our two babes to meet!

Not a Yeti trip angrybeard but.............. :blush: anyway.........

A couple of good camping sites here and some good cycling ideas for Czech Republic and Germany.

http://chriscaravanadventures.wordpress.com/plans-for-september-2012-the-czech-republic/

Good camping site in the Harz mountains with some good cycling trails, second site on the link (before I got my Skoda)

http://chriscaravanadventures.wordpress.com/germany-september-2010/

Looks like I will have to visit Dresden.

• Like 1