Welsh Run 20-09-03 - A Tempter!

devonutopia

Well - I just had to get these images on here. I just hope that I don't get a repeat of my image hosting of the other day.

There's four piccie on:

http://www.geocities.com/devonutopia/wales.html

but I had to get one of the good ones on here

valley2.jpg

:D Anyone else coming now then?

edit: DAMNIT! you're all gonna have to look at the site... sorry!

A tip that works everytime for geocities to get linking to work,

rename the image so it has a .txt extension and upload the renamed file , then link in the normal way. The forum will display the image [ i m g ] www.geocities.com/image.txt [ / i m g ]

thats the way tavia4x4 does it.

I use cuteftp to update the website has a drag drop interface. Other ftp software includes wsftp which has a simillar interface, or if you are feeling brave then you can use the ftp command from a msdos/command prompt like this, using these commands from msdos/cmd prompt.

ftp servername

user username

pass password

bin

lcd c:\pictures (path to pics on your pc)

md pictures (create directory called pictures on remote server)

cd \pictures (path to pics on remote site)

put filename.jpg or mput *.jpg

once done, type exit.

Hmmm - I've been scared of DOS ever since I needed to use it at work to re-build our accounts database on a regular basis!! Oh, how I wish I hadn't uninstalled CuteFTP...

As a last resort I guess I could email the pics to Rob as he knows the name/pass etc.... Rob?

:cheers:

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

As a last resort I guess I could email the pics to Rob as he knows the name/pass etc.... Rob?

You could, though it would make you reliant on me to be on the ball... ;)

DOS FTP really isn't all that scary, well worth spending the time to get your head round. I am still looking at some pretty uploading scripts, but just trying to find one with the right balance between security and, er, working... :D

Rob.

Yep - and that is 1.4 man braking hard to avoid knocking down that dilly-daddling motorbike in the distance... :D

I'll take a closer look at all that DOS stuff, but I can imagine myself typing in "format c:" by mistake.... AAAARRGH!!

I'll take a closer look at all that DOS stuff, but I can imagine myself typing in "format c:" by mistake.... AAAARRGH!!

:rofl:

Well, if you do, just make sure you type "n" when it asks if you're sure... :p

Rob.

• Administrators

Yep - and that is 1.4 man braking hard to avoid knocking down that dilly-daddling motorbike in the distance... :D

hehe that was my task one saturday morning in dixons when *PC's* were new...arh good old win3.1...made a change from engineer Dad's home made fibreboard jobby :)

fond memories of our first proper pc (didn't really need one then like you do now) 486dx25 100mb HD, wow it flew...

DOS is great, never forget DOS.

ps

try sourcefogre.net and search for filezilla a bloody great ftp package, very very fast, although a bit more quirky than that of cute etc.

I wish windows just had a "file" - "upload file" function... *sigh.

Well, you can do it through IE (and therefore possibly Netscape).

Try going to ftp://[email protected] - it should prompt you for the password, then you should be in. Then you can just copy and paste files to it. Worth a try anyway... ;)

Rob.