Johnno's Silver Furby

Johnno92

Ok so your new exhaust is going on.. what about the dog? :wonder:

Is he going on the rear shelf to nod at every one you smoke :giggle:

Haha, Love it..!

That's my big killer guard dog.. She hangs around my car and attacks birds trying to crap on it..    

I Wish.. :D

Nice car, I have and octy Vrs, silver too, and was going for the green under bonnet theme myself! I been trying to decide what green to use and you have shown me the answer! 

Mine will never be as clean though...

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words guys.. I realised I've not updated this for a while so here's what I have been doing or will be doing soon..

So few weeks back I ordered some Polo GTi 9N2 sill extensions (side skirts to anyone else) for the suprisingly reasonable cost of £94.. Then ordered some new bump strips for the doors, the plastic had a bumpy effect on it so I spent a few hour sanding them down and gave them a few coats of 1K acid etch primer..

14067335947_796f09541c_h.jpg

Ordered some diamond silver rattle-cans from paints4u (turned out to be a very good match) gave them several coats of base colour and finished it off with UV resistant lacquer.. End finish is not perfect but given it was a home-brewed rattle-can job, and given where they are located on the car Im happy enough with the result.. 

The skirts fit perfect in terms of length but required abit of trimming and experimenting to get them to fit somewhat flush to the sills, they're now on the car but I've not got round to getting any pics of them as of yet..

14067331987_8bc4e7051b_h.jpg

And I've also decided to replace the elephant hose with a catch can circulating back into the intake, couple of reasons for this..

1. I'm getting abit annoyed at seeing large quantities of oil vapour rising up around the car on a cold night when I'm sat at a drive-thru..

Secondly after doing abit of reading It came to my attention that having the turbo acting as a crankcase pump (as it does with the factory setup) should more effectively prevent build-up of crankcase pressure as it is effectively under a constant vacuum. This in theory is beneficial to engine performance..

So que shiny bits..

14253540844_67dcf3e942_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy couple of weeks.. Finally got round to updating this..

First thing, managed to get the catch can fitted.. Ran the CCV back into the intake, can didn't have a baffle or filter so I stuffed it with some stainless steel scourers to give it a helping hand.. Runs much better now and no nasty smells or vapor clouds from under the car anymore, would recommend trying it to anyone currently running the elephant hose mod.. Cost me about £50 all in for the can, connectors and hoses so pretty happy with that..

14367714694_33c132b8c5_b.jpg

Also got some new style Skoda badges and some matt black wrap.. Went about replacing the all the carbon wrap to Matt black for a cleaner look, then fiited the new badges in preparation for Elgin Show & Shine..

Representing at Elgin S&S..

14351082843_6e33089d3c_b.jpg

Cheers guys..

Bad news, driving home from work midnight the other day heard a rather substantial thud.. Judging by the fur on the side of the car looks like I'd hit a hare which somehow managed to dislodge the foglight trim which completely dissapeared, which I'm abit fed up about as its cost me £16 to replace them before painting..

N/S foglight is no longer working either but the unit and connector plug look undamaged so hopefully the shock has just damaged the bulb, which would be a nice cheap fix, Impressed the splitter survived though..

14386018416_e04c967a15_b.jpg

Unlucky mate. A rabbit nearly removed my splitter!

I think I was quite lucky in that I caught it side on, think if I'd got it square on in the middle it might have done more damage..

Bad news! At least it wasn't a lamb like mine :D

Amen to that.. Had a dear jump out in-front of me one night a few weeks back managed to avoid that one fortunately that would have been very ugly..

Surprised at how well those wheels suit the vrs. fill the arches very nicely!

Cheers..! Very pleased with them.. I wasn't particularly looking for them, I was more looking for some Pro Race 3's, but my mate decided to sell his TT an offered me the wheels so I though why not.. Hoping to get them refurbed in different colour at some point soon, the lacquer's abit tatty in some places and I'm not overly keen on the gloss black..

And yes they really do fill the arches haha..! The offset is smaller and they're wider than the standard wheels plus I'm still running the same spacers as I was before so If I get really exuberant on a bumpy road they do rub abit now, love how wide they are though so don't wanna go for smaller spacers, may look into rolling the arches abit or something at some point.. 

Loving the engine bay. Think ill be usig this colour from now on :D

Cheers dude..! :thumbup: Its abit of a marmite colour I think, I love it but it ain't for everyone..  :D

Car was due a service, thought Id have a crack at it myself this time, so got 5l of Castrol Edge from opie oils, oil, fuel and pollen filters from Euro Car Parts and a new sump plug from ebay. Cost me about £60 in total including delivery to the top of Scotland, and got it all done in about 2 hours.. Happy days..!

14275228747_6f7bca13da_b.jpg

14460300452_de81be1400_b.jpg

14460295692_f72cd64de1_b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just realised how long it had been since I updated this.. So here we go..

Changed the brake fluid not long after it was serviced..

14992590012_acf181c79c_b.jpg

Handbrake was feeling abit naff so fitted some helper springs, suprised at the difference they made handbrake was much better afterwards..

14549863386_f8c3557439_b.jpg

Then with the help of a mate fitted some new disks and pads.. Disks were from brake depot, pads are EBC ultimax.. Paint in the arse to do as dont think they've been touched in years, a few seized bolts didn't want to move, blowtorch did the trick though.. :thumbup:

14969975786_f2288d0ed3_b.jpg

14969979536_c5d200b529_b.jpg

Then decided on a colour change so out came the rattle cans.. This time Rallye green..

14992532812_b2618c781f_b.jpg

Brakes were colour coded too..

14992865795_24718e3570_b.jpg

Standard clutch was starting to slip so last friday it went back to BroTek to get a CG motorsports custom sintered clutch kit, DMF and a new slave cylinder fitted.. Not a moment too soon aswell as the stardard DMF had about 4 times the movement that it should have, so good job it was replaced now.. Didn't get any pics unfortunatly.. Just waiting for the clutch to bed in now and I can finally start giving it the beans..