Smoothed front bumper

Hi all,

I'm looking at removing the number plate and smoothing the front number plate on my Fabia vRS.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or more information they could pass on or could recommend a place to take it to get it done, ideally around the south west area but don't mind going further a field if there's a good place to get it done

Cheers

Any bodyshop shud do it..

They will have to cut out the centre bit (like a big mouth bumper).. then plastic weld a piece of plastic from a bumper etc to cover the whole they have cut.. then smooth it using filler.

The less filler the better.. less risk of cracking ;)

Heres a pic of mine

IMG_20130521_193442.jpg

• Like 2

How do they go about matching the groove matt?

lots of swearing,when I spoke to bodyshop who did antvrs' he said its a nightmare,and its since cracked,spoke to catman at gti inters today his has had to be redone 3 times now and I think jake(with the schmidt th lines) has had to have his redone a few times. ..I noticed at early edition mikes(primer gray fab) is also cracked slightly

I think it looks mint, but im put off with how high maintenance they seem to be. . Like an endless battle lol

Yer thats the thing especially being as low as they are, as soon as you hit under the bumper causing it to flex it is bound to put pressure on the weakest part. Im tempted to get mine smoothed but leaving a larger mouth inline with the top of the fog recesses.

It's not a fabia but I got my old Chorsa bumper smoothed and that didn't crack at all, really Does depend on how much filler is used like Matt said.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373233408.618370.jpg

to smooth a corsa front bumper is just smoothing the reg plate screw holes out isnt it?. . Not a massive hole like the fabia. . Ive never took much notice to the corsa front end plate mounting ect