Citigo Sport or Elegance?

BobSmoke

I opted for the Elegance because it is available with the greentech stop start.  The Sport is not and therefore you have to pay road tax and higher fuel bills.  Also the interior is rather tacky and the sale person said the black alloys are a curse because any damage looks terrible on them compared with the standarded silvery coulour alloy.  The sales man actually really wanted to sell me a 60PS SE!  I ended up ordering the 75 Greentech 5 door elegance.

Higher road tax?

Yes...a whole £20 per year!

Higher fuel costs?

Debatable and maybe negligible depending on driving routes/style

Tacky interior?

In your opinion maybe, but certainly not the feedback I've been getting

Black alloys showing damage?

Possibly but any alloys show kerbing, drive carefully. Ive found black alloys touch in better anyway.

You ordered a 5dr greentech elegance?

Good for you, hope you enjoy it.

Not a 5dr fan and they're a bit bland looking...in my opinion of course.

But...each to their own

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1

It has to be worth pointing out that the tax difference between the sport and the greentech is £20, or precisely zero in the first year! Hardly a deal breaker.

If the interior was slightly 'tacky' it may have been the polish they use in the showroom :)

• Like 1

I suspect this zero and £20 a year tax will change soon possibly next budget

Too many cars qualify for it so they will keep dropping the co2

I heard a rumour a few weeks back of 80 being the new zero tax as currently less than 7 models qualify

Looks are a matter of personal taste.  I quite liked the look of the Sport (in Red) on the outside, but the seats were not to my taste at all.  As for the number of doors, I have never understood why anyone would opt for 3 doors.  Harder to get into the back, harder to get in and out in narrow parking spaces, but there again to each their own.

• Like 1

Thats better.
Your saying to your taste now rather than just slating the Sport
Your right, its each to their own and we cant all like the same or it would be boring.
I prefer the 3dr looks, I dont have rear passengers often and I avoid narrow spaces as a rule, as I dont court scratches and dents. (invariably some numpty follows me to the far corner and parks right up to me)
I wasnt being antsey in my reply to your post, but it came across in yours that you were slagging off the Sport model thats all.
Anyway, enjoy your car, hope you like it as much as I like mine...even though ive got "tacky seats" :D

Cheers

Damo

I suspect this zero and £20 a year tax will change soon possibly next budget

Too many cars qualify for it so they will keep dropping the co2

I heard a rumour a few weeks back of 80 being the new zero tax as currently less than 7 models qualify

Yep, i'm sure you're right.

Haven't they already changed the CO2 emissions that are eligable for free entry into the congestion zone because too many people had downsized to low emission cars?

The figure for free congestion charge in London will be 75. I do not think any petrol or diesel car qualifies,only electric or hybrids.

Buses and Black cab Taxis do not need to pay,and traffic in London is as bad as ever.

I would like the Sport if it was available in automatic,so it will probably be the Elegance if and when i change,however i do want to see the UP GT when it comes out before i decide.

Hi guys,

I have the 75ps 5 door Elegance ASG, That's why I bought it, I love auto's and the sport is not available with auto in the UK. My friend bought the sport and comparing the two there are a few little differences 

with the sport there is no need for the PID as you get the travel/trip computer. The trim level of the sport is much better i.e seats look much better, 6 speakers (2 on mine)  talking of mine, you do get chrome finish door handles which do look better, heated front seats! and of cause the PID as standard on the Elegance. My PID experience has been difficult but once you learn the short cuts and what codes for stuff to download and update it gets easier. I do have two issues with it still 1) it only connects to my phone now and again! 2) the text feature will not work? been told both issues are due to me having a Samsung galaxy S3?

3 door or 5 door ? has to be 5 door every time, I find two door cars very antisocial lol sorry,     

Marcus. 

Your problems with phone connection is probably down to your Galaxy S3. I have an iPhone 5 which connects flawlessly with the Bluetooth system in our Scenic. Both phone and music works. It also works with an aftermarket Sony stereo in the Getz. My husband has an S3 and it will not work in the Scenic and only for phone in the Getz. Not a great phone for car integration.

Over all, very happy with PID! Last night I ordered my Indian via IPhone 5 and PID and then navigated to pick it up! Only problem at the moment is setting the nav voice volume... Can't seem to get it right. The radio goes quiet, but I can only just hear the voice! All good fun!

• Like 1

Over all, very happy with PID! Last night I ordered my Indian via IPhone 5 and PID and then navigated to pick it up! Only problem at the moment is setting the nav voice volume... Can't seem to get it right. The radio goes quiet, but I can only just hear the voice! All good fun!

I hope that your new car smell wasn't ruined by madras lol.

• Like 1

HI Guys

To adjust the volume, when the voice is speaking turn the volume up but only when it's speaking other wise you'll just turn the volume of the radio up!  

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a bump for this post, but we pick the Citigo up on Sat. Been 6 weeks wait, but at least I've got a Happy wife now.

Still waiting for the dealer to confirm a date for my valet on the octy tho. Mumble grumble...

Bit of a bump for this post, but we pick the Citigo up on Sat. Been 6 weeks wait, but at least I've got a Happy wife now.

Good bank holiday weekend for you then :)

Still waiting for the dealer to confirm a date for my valet on the octy tho. Mumble grumble...

Let us know what it's like!

I hope you like it. I took my one for a blast around the local country lanes. I really enjoyed it despite it being both the smallest car we have owned and the least powerful or many years.