Present Monte Carlo offers..

My daughter is looking at a Monte Carlo or the Tech version... present 'Skoda' offers are just under £12K with 7.9%apr and free servicing for the tech, or 0%  and free servicing for the std one.

my question is has anyone got extra discounts from Dealers over the Skoda offers?

I was gobsmacked yesterday as a dealer (sorry stealer!) offered me a pre-registered one for £1K more and 8.9%apr and NO free servicing?? If only I had known the present deal before I went to them.

I also got a quote for a std Monte 1.2 85bhp for full list price with 0%  and free servicing! after mentioning DTD price (£1469 less) he said cant do that with the 0% finance and refused to budge from list? 

The fact he has tried to rip me and more importantly my daughter off, has now lost him/dealer a potential sale for a fabia, my next service but also when I look at getting the new Octy vRS then another sale!

I've got the tech 1.2 TSI over 3 years @6.9% and free servicing for 3 years. Got the price of the car down to £11495. I reckon the price of the car reflected the fact they where screwing me on the px!

The tech is a better deal in my opinion. If you try to spec up a std one to tech level is a lot more expensive. In fact the dealer told me the tech is cheaper then the std after skoda have paid the VAT.

The offer that Skoda are doing shouldn't so the dealer from shifting as it's not then giving you the VAT offer.

The dealer also tried to stick at monthly price that I wasn't happy with, he wouldn't budge so I asked for the sales manager and £17/month was knocked off!

I was pleased with my deal and that's what matters, as long as the deal you get pleased you what more can you ask for.

Don't know if that info is of any help. How you get what you and your daughter want. I highly recommend the car and the 1.2 TSI engine. ...2 weeks in and the only complaint I have is the crap colour of the brake drums.

If you do go for a Skoda I had to ask them to turn ON the anti hijack setting, turn OFF selective opening and turn On the alarm beep on lock/unlock. I want asked about my preferences when I orders the car and I didn't realise these options where open to me, I got it done 3 days later and they wanted to charge me. I also had to correct the dealer on handover that the car should have DRLs, he said only on VRS. I had to show him how turn then on.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

If you do go for a Skoda I had to ask them to turn ON the anti hijack setting, turn OFF selective opening and turn On the alarm beep on lock/unlock.

Sorry for my ignorance.  What are the Anti-hijack, Selective Opening and alarm beep on lock options?  is this on all cars?

I can guess the last one, I assume that the car lets you know when the alarm is set as well as the light flash... but the other two?

Ta

Sorry for my ignorance.  What are the Anti-hijack, Selective Opening and alarm beep on lock options?  is this on all cars?

I can guess the last one, I assume that the car lets you know when the alarm is set as well as the light flash... but the other two?

Ta

Anti hijack is where all doors lock once you exceed 10 mph and can then not be opened from the outside.

Selective opening is at a guess one press of the remote unlocks the drivers door only. Second press unlocks remaining doors.

Alarm beep on lock and unlock is an audible alert to what you have just done.

Suspect can be done on all cars, certainly can on our Monte and VRS. All simple tweaks on VCDS or by your friendly technician.

With the anti hijack you can also have all doors unlock when you take the key out of the ignition switch.

• Like 2

Anti hijack is where all doors lock once you exceed 10 mph and can then not be opened from the outside.

Selective opening is at a guess one press of the remote unlocks the drivers door only. Second press unlocks remaining doors.

Alarm beep on lock and unlock is an audible alert to what you have just done.

Suspect can be done on all cars, certainly can on our Monte and VRS. All simple tweaks on VCDS or by your friendly technician.

With the anti hijack you can also have all doors unlock when you take the key out of the ignition switch.

Spot on. :D

OK I have been to another dealers and did the 'dirty deed'! My daughter bought a Monte Carlo Tech (1.6 TDI CR), deal almost done just need to cover off the trade-in... 

I feel slightly duped with this link http://www.cjacars.co.uk/new/skoda/fabia-offers/ as it states the Diesel is the same price as the petrol....it wasn't. I did get some off the price with mats plus fuel and if we get what was quoted for the part ex will be happy.

Sorry Rob from Mitchells Ellesmere Port, but offering me a pre-registered one at list with higher APR and no free servicing has cost you a sale, my next and future services and a new Octavia vRS sale too!

• Like 1

Congratulations to your daughter.

Regarding the ad I read it the same as you, even though the RRP is different the offer price of both is the same £11990. How did they justify the extra for the diesel! Does this not count as false advertising or is there some small print somewhere? Would be interested to know what the dealership says. ... and possibly SUK.

Well its a 'get them in the door' price! TBH I thought my daughter wanted the TSI so wasn't really looking at it to begin with.There is in the small print the dates, offer ended on June 30th so no leg to stand on over that.. the manager said he had noticed this the other day and had informed the main office.... hmmmm really!

I'll be much happier once the trade-in is agreed, rather than just in principle!

Of course, forgot about the dates. ..saying that I ordered mine before the cut off and they where certainly different prices.

I always feel happier once the 'Ts are crossed and Is dotted'!

Hope she enjoys the car.

• Like 1

Feel really duped.  Had my 1.6tdi for just over a week and it was certainly advertised at £1k more than the petrol at the time.  But to be honest I got a very good deal and he knocked off over £1k before we even started.

Thanks for the explanation.  I certainly have the selective setting switched on and I think the anti-hijack as I have to unlock the doors for people if I pick them up after I've driven. But I have no alarm bleeps, but I'm happy with that.

Thanks

Feel really duped.  Had my 1.6tdi for just over a week and it was certainly advertised at £1k more than the petrol at the time.  But to be honest I got a very good deal and he knocked off over £1k before we even started.

Thanks for the explanation.  I certainly have the selective setting switched on and I think the anti-hijack as I have to unlock the doors for people if I pick them up after I've driven. But I have no alarm bleeps, but I'm happy with that.

Thanks

I don't think the advert was correct... and besides you got a much better deal than us! 

I have just paid deposit on the 1.6 version of the Tech, I felt a bit ambushed by the Salesman and the finance person and I ended paying full price £12990.

My question is baring in mind the car was not built to spec but sitting in the docks somewhere. Would it be possible to renegotiate my deal with the salesman or sales manager. Or should I just put it down as a learning experience.  

I think chances of renegotiating are limited once the deal is done, however it might be worth looking at how much you could save by losing the deposit against what you could save from another deal??

Personally I generally look at the cost to change your car, rather than looking individually at the price you're paying and the px you're getting back, I've found some places have advertised cars cheap and got the margin back on the px. 

I think chances of renegotiating are limited once the deal is done, however it might be worth looking at how much you could save by losing the deposit against what you could save from another deal??

Isnt there a cooling off period on the contract? I thought this was UK law?

No not if you have bought in person, it only applies to long distance selling Yeti man. On the credit part of the deal you could pull out but not out of the contract to buy the car.

To be honest after doing a little more research  there was little room for manoeuvre on a car that had already been discounted by £3,000.

Really looking forward to getting my car now.

Edited by mrblu
  • Like 1

That's the main thing, once you've done a deal just look forward to the car arriving, it's a great feeling going to the dealership to collect a new car.

No good really comes of looking at what you could have paid after the event, there will always be a better offer, but there will always inevitably be downsides to that offer that you wouldn't know until you pursued it.

I have replied in the other thread (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282284-price-paid-for-a-monte-carlo-tech-have-i-paid-over-the-odds/) but thought it was worth repeating here;

I've just negotiated a deal for a red TDI Monte Carlo Tech for my mum and managed to get £400 off list.

She has no part-ex but is taking the Skoda solutions finance.  Also managed to get mats thrown in :happy:

The dealers obvioulsy do still have margins to play with on these even though they are reduced quite heavily already but maybe it depends on how close they are to meeting targets etc.

I have also bought two previous Skodas brand new from that dealer so that may have helped too.

Even at list price they are still a great deal though so don't lose any sleep about it and enjoy it when it comes.  My mum should be picking hers up on Thursday (it was dealer stock so maybe another reason why they were open to a deal).

Edited by Stevoraith

No it's new and unregistered but it is sitting in their compound.

As far as I understand it each dealer was allocated a certain number of Techs- my dealer must have taken delivery of this one even though they had no customer for it yet (there was also a white TDI IIRC).

• Like 1