vRS on a hot day with maxxis Z1's and climate control...

about £70 for a 205/40/17  (dont buy the drift tyres of the same name! as (obviously) they are designed for drifting!) they last sort of middling... better than the conti's but not as good (if you can call good no grip at all) the dunlops....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXXIS-MAZ1-VICTRA-UHP-84W-XL-205-40-17-205-40R17-2054017-TYRE-/400513743093?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item5d407ab8f5

local places should match (or maybe camskill) beat this...

Don't know why everyone is slating dunlop! I have a pair of SP Sport's on the front of my vRS, used them on Combe yesterday and thought the grip was fantastic!

• Like 2

They are my tyre of choice as well when its dry, or dry and warm and have yet to see them not do what they are designed to do, which is grip the road and get you around corners. Work OK in the damp as well.

Give traction when wanting to go and when you want to stop.

no idea what extra grip the other tyres give that people that they prefer or need for their speed,

because i never think this tyres not going to grip at the speed i choose to take corners at.

I have used other Tyres & Brands but like the consistency of Dunlops.

They would not be my choice of Track Tyre.

I would use softer Dunlops for that.

Each to their own needs, or to suit their style of driving really.

george

• Like 1

My Michelin's arrived today, getting fitted tomorrow but my mother is taking it to be done as I'm working  :sweat: 

Been a long time since I've driven a Dunlop. Had some fitted to a boss's Audi A5 but couldn't really test them much. 

Don't know why everyone is slating dunlop! I have a pair of SP Sport's on the front of my vRS, used them on Combe yesterday and thought the grip was fantastic!

I have seen good review, but always on heavyer cars, your's is an octy yes? I did 50k in my first fabia II vRS , and learned they are very sensitive to the type of tyre you use, for exmple on my last one my tyre place reccomened kumho KU39's.. and they get good reviews, so i did, and it ruined the car .... so much so I took them off and put them on ebay.... the OE on my last one were conti's, and they were good (until about 3 mill) then I tried the maxxis, and they transformed the car...... this car (my second fabia Ii vRS) came with the dunlops (which , apart from george, have been roundly disliked by most) and all I got was dreadful understeer, and complete lack of front end grip..... the only time they were good was driving in straight lines in the rain to cut water..... people (like you just did) say they need to warm up, and they are good on a track day ect (most of the good reviews come from BMW Merc porsche drivers ect all heavy cars, generating more heat ect... soooooo I kept them on (still unhappy every time I drove it quick as it was nowhere near as good as my last vRS!) and went to the brisky how fast session at bedford autodrome... and they desintigrated....

this2x.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

img0980bpl.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

img0979vl.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

so I sold them and put the maxxis back on and the car was transformed again to be a joy to drive, without the awful sliding front end! I did 4 laps of the Nordschleife with the maxxis on, and castle combe and they never melted....

I'm sure they do work great on your car, but I felt the need to explain ;)

I don't think any tyres would have enjoyed this day... This is from my wife's Fiesta, and the real temperature was probably "only" 41 or 42 degrees. The Fabia definitely feels bogged down after an hour driving around in these temperatures. Oh, and I've had no problem with the Dunlops either, wet or dry. Nothing like the Toyo Teo (Eco) tyres on my previous Focus, which were hard and fine in the dry, but struggled with the "massive" 107kw when the road got damp.

26Jan2012015.jpg

i couldnt agree more , the dunlops were **** ! fecked after 7k ! and completly squidgy piles of dog turd on my rims !........gone p zero pirellis and have had very much improved traction and handling in both cold wet and hot dry climate .................... luckily there not F1 spec tyres ..hahaha !!

• Like 1