New vrs feels very light at front end under hard acceleration

New to fabia vrs mk 2. - car is now run in and giving it a bit more wellie - find the front goes disturbingly light when accelerating hard !!! Not something I noticed on the short test drive before I bought. Is it just mine or is it a common experience?

hhmmm not really ... how many miles ? are the tyres bedded in? are the pressures correct 2.5 BAR.. or are they the dunlops (awful dire waste of space tyres...)

I'm in west cumbria ;) black vRS estate... is yours red?

Mines is Red and on Dunlops but the tyres are at 2.2 Bar, & the front is not light to the way i like it.

(remove the rear weights & spare wheel is good for reducing any lift at the front if you do feel it light with standard suspension.)

Unless you really got a chance to give it some on the roadtest you might not have noticed quite the same.

What are the Tyres and the pressure you are running.?

george

Not torque steer - just light - wasn't aware of the weights at the back but for my taste on the standard suspension I think they could be the issue

contis are the better OE tyres, so if pressures are correct its not them..... I really dont think it would stop the "lightness" at the front to remove the weights, it would make it less understeery, and more neutral, I dont notice much torque steer, it WILL however tramline (follow the inperfections in the road surface ect )

could it just be that previous cars you have had had heavier steering? or hydraulic instead of electric?

Mine doesnt go light either under high load ....... have tested extensively 

mine neither, thats what makes me think its a "perception" thing.... I can ONLY think too high pressures would make the front light....

I have to say mine does feel rather light under acceleration... When doing any sort of cornering whilst accelerating, the steering feels pretty vague and very light.

Tyres are Contis and last I checked they were at the right pressure.

Not sure if it is just a perception thing or not but don't think it is as what I am describing is the difference between the steering feel under 'normal' acceleration compared with 'hard' acceleration.

As to what cars I have come from, the list is long and includes a lot of sports and hot hatch cars - none of them have felt anything like as light at the front under a heavy right foot.

Don't want to let it spoil my enjoyment of the car as love virtually everything else about it.