Folding in both of the exterior mirrors using the remote control key.. b=

Wiganyeti

I have found that the mirrors folding with the key fob only works when the key fob window opening option is selected on the mdc, I also found that each key is individual so if you set up one for your preferences unless you do the second key it will have different options.

Hope this helps rather than confuses.

• 1 month later...

In case it hasn't been said elsewhere: keep your keys out of your pocket when in the house if the car is parked close by!

I discovered with my Passat that (usually whilst sitting at the 'puter) it was all to easy to inadvertently have one or other buttons held down long enough to open all the windows and open the boot..... and now I have the potential to unfold the exterior mirrors as well it would seem! Bit unnerving when going out to the car the next morning to find it all open, and certainly a test of neighbourhood honesty!! PB

... since I have to travel down a very narrow lane to get to & from home and get fed up with bashing the wing mirrors on all the growth, which due to cut backs, hadn't been cut back this year - until this week that is - just in time for the tourists ...!

Or alternatively depending on distance, go along with your strimmer and cut a Yeti shaped hole all along the hedge !!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

OH... this is a clue... Maybe you must reset the system. Proceed as follows:

› switch on the ignition;

(do this three steps on all windows/all buttons. First, one window, second other one, and so on);

› pull the top edge of the button in the driver's door to close the window

› release the button;

› pull the relevant button upwards again for approx. 3 seconds.

When you have done this, open the 4 windows and close the car pressing and holding the lock button on the remote control key and see if it works now.

Hope it helps.

cpa, just tried this and it worked a treat. First ever problem with my Yeti in 3 and a half years. Went to France last week, changed the headlight setting and the mirrors hadn't worked since. Bizarre.

Many thanks

Alan Mossman (Bowerboy)

I have the position on the switch to fold the mirrors but when I tried it the other day the mirrors wouldn't fold!

When I was looking at the menu previously I saw something to do with mirrors, so will have another look.

Seems strange though that I've got to enable the mirrors to fold? Would have thought this was the default position ('tis on the TT) and should have been set by the factory or dealer.

At last! After 3 months and reading this post again, I have managed to get my mirrors to fold and my sunroof to close on the key!

At first I couldn't work out why the rear window switches wouldn't work at all. I could raise and lower the windows from the drivers door switches, but not from each rear switch. Luckily when I had rear seat passengers, they didn't need the windows open!  :x

I had forgotten about the disabling switch in the middle of the 4 window switches on the drivers door!  :devil:

Now it all works  :clap: