Yeti facelift spy shots ...real this time :)

BigHusky

Not much change really going on. Will they really move the fog lights? Maybe further down, and more conventionally into the black plastic cladding part of the bumper? Hmmm...I'm sure all will be revealed in September at Frankfurt :think:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/yeti/64978/skoda-yeti-spy-shots

Edited by BigHusky

From looking at an enlarged copy of the front picture, I can see some strange "manipulation".

The upper ends of the bumper looks "photoshoped" or masked.

The "round fogs covers" looks as masking the absence of the fogs ! Look at the difference at the edge of the front light where it meets other body parts and where it meets the "fog mask". To me it looks as the front light lens continues behind that mask. Otherwise, why do they have to mask the fogs ?!

I'm afraid one of the Yeti's main personality signs - is gone...

Edit: I think I understand the connection of above two masks:The fogs have being moved to the bumper edges !

Edited by rafi_arch

Think the tailgate may have the angled sections next to the number plate as Rapid/Octy III, front is well hidden mind; maybe worried by reaction to new front. Can only hope that the September reveal will be long enough to get an order in for a pre FL if the new look has made a mess of the Yeti  :wonder:

TP

Think the tailgate may have the angled sections next to the number plate as Rapid/Octy III, front is well hidden mind; maybe worried by reaction to new front. Can only hope that the September reveal will be long enough to get an order in for a pre FL if the new look has made a mess of the Yeti  :wonder:

TP

Yup you can clearly see the masks they put next to the number plate...

Also the whole new bumper at the back is pretty clear.  The silver bit below is much wider than before as well.

Those paper plates for foglamps are alas also clearly just stuck OVER the new headlights...   :(  and the new ones hidden behind some masking as mentioned above.

From looking at an enlarged copy of the front picture, I can see some strange "manipulation".

The upper ends of the bumper looks "photoshoped" or masked.

The "round fogs covers" looks as masking the absence of the fogs ! Look at the difference at the edge of the front light where it meets other body parts and where it meets the "fog mask". To me it looks as the front light lens continues behind that mask. Otherwise, why do they have to mask the fogs ?!

I'm afraid one of the Yeti's main personality signs - is gone...

Edit: I think I understand the connection of above two masks:The fogs have being moved to the bumper edges !

You are completely right!!!... The future Yeti will lost her eyes... :(

I guess the fogs will be on the bumper, as you have said...

Poor Yeti... :'(

It still has the current front and rear green badges as well. So if the tailgate mould takes this size we should be able to get a rear new style badge from the dealers when it arrives

Where is Marie when you need her!

post-55900-0-57423800-1373473521_thumb.jpg

The bit I crudely coloured in there is for sure the bit of the rear bumper that will finally be colour coded.

So glad we didn't wait until the facelift came out to join Yeti world. Looks 'orrible IMHO. BTW, mine's just got to Emden!!!!!!

• Like 1

To be fair, we still haven't seen the finished article.

So we don't know if it's ugly or not.

All we do know is it's going to have a more corporate face to blend into the range better...

I actually think it'll look quite good.  It'll just be less distinctive.

• Like 2

Where is Marie when you need her!

attachicon.gifYeti rear bumper.jpg

The bit I crudely coloured in there is for sure the bit of the rear bumper that will finally be colour coded.

She is on her way to pick up her pre FL yeti  :giggle:

• Like 2

It all looks underwhelming! Corporate nose, a few nips and tucks here and there, and that's it? Hopefully there will be some real improvements as well - lower CO2 engines, start stop, DSG and updates for the 1.4 and 1.8 Tsi engines etc. Maybe interior upgrades - DAB radio across the board and some trim to protect armrest from boot debris when "up" for a start.

Otherwise what we have is another generic small SUV clone designed for mummies on the school run - like the new 2008 etc. etc. Yawn, yawn........... You have to wonder why car companies are so intent on design mediocrity, particularly after the original Yeti design was so well received and got so many plaudits from both motoring press and consumers. I suspect it's something to do with becoming more successful and an accompanying a fear of losing that success by being "daring". Skoda are going down that road fast - look at the new Rapid for example.

Maybe Seat are the next Skoda, great reviews for the new Leon and it looks better than a Golf; rumours they will soon release a Yeti size SUV and if that has the same style as the Leon then perhaps we will be heading Seat's way next!!  

Really disappointed that the face will go. It was that that drew me to the yeti. Was thinking about another one in 2016 but if the face goes, I will look else where.

IMHO bad move by Skoda.

...Hopefully there will be some real improvements as well - lower CO2 engines, start stop, DSG and updates for the 1.4 and 1.8 Tsi engines etc. Maybe interior upgrades - DAB radio across the board and some trim to protect armrest from boot debris when "up" for a start....

AE claims that the engines are carry-over. Oh well...

Personally I prefer a more functional snout: lower foglights that should be more effective than being more for style, and better standard headlamps (with separate  dip bulb even). Sure, Yeti 1 was distinctive, but a new conk is hardly the end of the world. Who knows, if might even drop the Cd and make it marginally better on motorways? ;)

Edited by Totally Square

Many more people thought the Rolls Royce front fogs more a turn off than a turn on. Yes we lot appreciate it looking different and we made sure Škoda sold X thousand a month. But what if the Yeti had had a "normal" nose from day one? I bet sales would have been "X + many more". Many people on here have harped on again and again that this will be a mild facelift (bar the fogs) so I don't quite get why people are now surprised that it is "mild"?!

As to engines: look no further than the just facelifted Superb to see the engines. No 180 diesel and ten to one no chance of a 1,8 DSG either. Least we just got the choice of the 170 DSG. Let's hope it does feature in the new range and is not just a run out special.