Yeti facelift spy shots ...real this time :)

BigHusky

If the fog lights are going in the bumper, where are the DRLs going to be?

Same place as the facelifted Superb's and the new Octavia: LED strips in the main headlights.

Well, I am waiting to see the official FL photos before making any decisions. As I have said before I can't see the point in changing to something I have already, even it the 170 DSG is now available in L&K spec. It doesn't give me any real benefits other than restarting my warranty.

And with company car tax co2 having been reduced to 130g/km there is only one Yeti which meets that and it isn't an automatic.

Back to the drawing board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where is Marie when you need her!

attachicon.gifYeti rear bumper.jpg

The bit I crudely coloured in there is for sure the bit of the rear bumper that will finally be colour coded.

Following Johan's draw here is just a quick and rough attempt (till Marie gets back that is). 

rgytkw.jpg

• Like 1

Following Johan's draw here is just a quick and rough attempt (till Marie gets back that is).

Brilliant. In hindsight though I think the colour will extend one layer lower. So there is a slim layer of black above the silver valance thing. You can see this "moustache" already. That will be the only black I think.

I imagine perhaps this is more the amount of bumper that will be colour coded:

post-55900-0-56816900-1373532247_thumb.jpg

I also tried to show the ugly triangular things that will sprout next to the number plate.

Hi Ronnie, 'real' as in the last effort AutoExpress  gave us of a facelift Yeti was a photoshop of a Tiguan  with a Skoda Badge :giggle:

But yes, it will be interesting to see what mechanical and physical improvements have been made come September!

Judging by these images it's more of a botox job, rather than a full on Joan Rivers!

• Like 1

Again following Johan's suggestion here a rough sample. IMHO hopefully this will not be the final version Skoda goes by...

2b7amr.jpg

Edited by OldBoy

Again following Johan's suggestion here a rough sample. IMHO hopefully this will not be the final version Skoda goes by...

2b7amr.jpg

Agree.

It doesn't work properly with the black "side strip" at the bottom of doors or the front bumper.

Ta...  don't forget the traingular things next to the number plate!   :giggle:

Agree.

It doesn't work properly with the black "side strip" at the bottom of doors or the front bumper.

And who says the side valances won't be colour coded?

Eg:

slide4c.jpg

slide2kg.jpg

Eg:

slide4c.jpg

slide2kg.jpg

Let's hope they keep the black parts black, the coloured bumper and side strips make the Yeti look very bland and more liable for stone chips

• Like 1

I was already in despair while I was doing the bumper so I had not had the courage to even imagine what the triangle things will look like, let alone picture them as well !! :giggle:

The sides color coded too?!?!? Ohhh no!!!! :giggle:

Edited by OldBoy

I was already in despair while I was doing the bumper so I had not had the courage to even imagine what the triangle things will look like, let alone picture them as well !! :giggle:

The sides color coded too?!?!? Ohhh no!!!! :giggle:

I had already attempted the triangles in my last effort!

As to full colour coding: the last rumours were that there will be two distinct Yeti models. One a rugged off road look one and the other a more city, low profile tyred (and fully colour coded) one aimed at the Ewok set.

• Like 1

What I dont really get looking at those pictures is how comes and the front face doesnt have the new design with the badge on the bonnet (more Rapid like) and instead keeps similar to the initial design (not exactly the same tho)

I had already attempted the triangles in my last effort!

As to full colour coding: the last rumours were that there will be two distinct Yeti models. One a rugged off road look one and the other a more city, low profile tyred (and fully colour coded) one aimed at the Ewok set.

No doubt SUK will fit the Off road Yeti with Low profile tyres.

While all the Colour coded/Ewok style owners will want to fit 16" Moon alloys with winter tyres.... :rofl:

• Like 3

What I dont really get looking at those pictures is how comes and the front face doesnt have the new design with the badge on the bonnet (more Rapid like) and instead keeps similar to the initial design (not exactly the same tho)

Because it's disguised as the old design.

This seems to be a good PhotoShop image of what the FL Yeti might look like:

yeti_AT_600_50179deb5966e.jpg

Yes the fogs are now boring vertical strips at the bottom but it still looks clearly like a Škoda and very much a Yeti at that.

But 66% of the people voted on this website feel the fogs should have been kept!

http://www.auto.cz/nova-skoda-yeti-prijde-usmev-68655

Should Skoda Yeti round front lights be maintained?

• Definitely yes   66.5

• Probably yes   7.6

• It does not bother me   8.9

• Probably not   3.5

• Definitely not   13.6

Should Skoda Yeti round front lights be maintained?

My dealer's information FWIW is that the round front lights will be retained - too much of a signature look for the Yeti to change. But otherwise the bonnet/grille/headlights suggestion looks about right.

• Like 1

This might be all new Yeti after all. It cost much less to produce on a new platform than to keep the old one.

I'm guessing by your reply that you haven't read the innumerable postings on this subject.

As has been said many times, and has been confirmed by Skoda, there is a FACELIFT Yeti later this year, with it's first piblic viewing being at a European Motor Show soon, then a new platform Yeti in about 2 years time.

I have read through the topic but the logic and official statements  does not reflect reality or what VW does.  They have to kill the multi-link  as they have done with golf7 and octavia, only way this is done is through new platform and surely new model.

Edited by tsi

This might be all new Yeti after all. It cost much less to produce on a new platform than to keep the old one.

I have read through the topic but the logic and official statements  does not reflect reality or what VW does.  They have to kill the multi-link  as they have done with golf7 and octavia, only way this is done is through new platform and surely new model.

Economies of scale mean car companies have to sell the same platform / car for at least six years to make a profit on their huge investment.  There is NO WAY VAG will replace the Yeti after being on sale for only 4 years.  No matter what sort of suspension it might have.  This will be, as Llanigraham said, a FACELIFT.  The next totally new Yeti will only appear six to seven years after this one was launched (which was 2009, so expect the new one in 2015 at the earliest).  

If as you said it  "costs much less to produce a new platform than keep the old one" why don't we have a new platform for every car out there every two years?!  So that statement makes zero sense I'm afraid.  No company can amortize their investment on a car in less than six years AND it takes many years to design, test and type approve a new car.