Hello Peeps  :hi:

I need to get some small things with the interior fixed as their beginning to bug me already.  I wondered if anybody could help.

Firstly, see attached the picture 'LockSwitch.jpg'..
This lovely designed little contraption, like many others, has stopped working on the 'unlock door' side.

Though i've purchased a new one, when I pulled the side panel away from the center console, I found it impossible to get in to unplug the offending switch, as my heat ducts are channeling through to the back seats.

How can I fit this replacement Switch?

Secondly, see attached the picture 'WindWiper.jpg'

The intermittent switch which allows me to change speed of my Wiper when on intermittent mode has stopped working.  No matter what setting I put it to, the wiper goes at it's own speed... either very often, or... very slowly.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?, if so... did you buy a whole new stalk?

It'd be really good to get both of these issues rectified :)

Many Thanks Guys

post-104349-0-35189900-1373543282_thumb.jpg

post-104349-0-08636800-1373543298_thumb.jpg

You will probably find that the stalk needs taking apart and cleaning on the contacts. Search for a tutorial on cleaning the cruise control switch and it's basically the same.

One way to check its operation is with VCDS as it is possible to read the various states of the switch and identify if it is indeed the switch or a problem elsewhere.

The door switch is a pain to get to, especially in the jumbo box with air ducts. I think you are going to have to remove quite a bit if trim to get decent access to it. Search for threads on retro fitting the jumbo box.

On this forum or the 'net you'll find these 'tutorials' accompanied with lots of pictures.

Your sure you don't have rain sensitive wipers? If so moving the stalk to its first position sets them to rain sensitive, when in this position the switch I think alters the sensitivity.

This would explain the different speeds your wipers are moving at.

A truck goes past flinging water on your widescreen and the wipers go really fast. A constant drizzle and they move more slowly. They can be a bit random at times but on the whole I think they're brilliant.

Move the stalk a second notch it's a constant wipe, third notch constant but faster.