Service Due Indicator

Good morning

I have a last of the MK 1 Octavia TDI, the car has done just over 9,000 miles  from it was last serviced yet no service due in 1000 miles has appeared and I thought the garage from where the car was purchased from put it on fixed service intervals.

Is there any easy way of checking from the dashboard when the next service is due, I did see on another thread about pressing and holding in the trip reset button but all that did was to rest the trip.

Thanks. 

Even when on fixed service it still seems to monitor engine use and adjust the service display point. I am on fixed service too and the 1000 miles service light has just come on but I have only done 5000 miles since the last service in October. I do mostly short trips with a cold engine over the winter. It was the same last year. So perhaps it works the other way too and extends the mileage before showing service due if you are being kind to the engine. 

@ pikpilot 

Your service indicator coming on indicating 1000 miles to next services makes sense as you have covered an 5000 miles in 9 months making an average of 555 per month, so based on your current use by the time 1000 miles is completed it will be near another 12 months from you had the car serviced.

I currently average 900 miles a month eg. 11000 miles year so would of expected by service indicator to have come up as in a months time I would off done 9900 miles and 11 months from the last service.

@ everyone

Is there any they any easy way of finding out when my car thinks it needs another service?

• 2 weeks later...

Just twiddle the knobs and turn it off for another year!

The service due in **** miles has not appeared at all, and if on fixed services I am only 600 miles away from the next service, so it seems either the service display counter is faulty or the car is on longlife service intervals.  

If the car is on longlife service intervals, is their any easy way of finding out when the car thinks it will need a service ?

Thanks

I presume that there is not an easy way of finding out on a MK1 Octavia that is on longlife services as to when the next service is likely to occur based on current driving environment.

• 2 months later...

ignition on, on the dials facia turn the clock adjuster abbit to the right  a couple of secs mileage reappears hey presto next ignition on no service warning on anymore.