Anyone got a recent model vRS MK2 in the Middlesbrough area?

If so, would you consider taking me for a quick spin? 

I'm thinking of downsizing and there's no Mk2's in the local dealer.

I've no need for a diesel and also am really intrigued by the DSG box.

Would also be good to get a personal opinion on the car.

I am in the newcastle area if that helps. I went from octy pd vrs to 2012 fab vrs. Took a little while yo get used to but now done15000 miles and love it. Dsg is great , very quick and the car is a great laugh,

Cheers

Dave

I'm surprised your dealer won't get one from their trade sources for you to try,if you are really interested I'd expect a dealer to do this.

Dealers do vary...my local one said I couldn't have a drive in a used one,which we were standing next to, it had to be a demonstrator from one of their branches and it would be a short and accompanied test drive...but nothing heard after a week so I went to the next nearest dealer who gave me the keys to one straight away and let me go alone for as long as I wanted. 

Needless to say I bought from the latter.

I'm not that keen on going to the dealer at the moment unless there's one already in ready to drive. I don't want to 

go down the route of ordering a car in to test, I especially don't want them to be aware just yet that I'm considering one until the time is right.

I've got to consider my approach e.g. using DriveTheDeal, or getting an almost new one.

I know it's a bit cheeky to ask someone local, but I'd probably get a better insight from someone who owns/drives one

on a day to day basis. I'm not asking to drive it, just be a passenger for 5 minutes.

• Like 1

When I did a search earlier today there was a Mk2 Fabia vrs at Derek Slack Motors in Middlesborough,

metallic green 16K on the clock, might be worth giving them a ring if it's still there i'm sure a test drive would be no

problem.

When I was looking for my Mk1 they where a great help, sourced 4 from Skoda uk and I had a choice of colour,

mileage and price to choose from.

I know I've been keeping my eyes open for Mk2 local to me (Newcastle) but they are a rare as hens teeth both at the

dealers and on the road.!

Good luck.

I've seen the Fabia at Slacks, I think it's been there for about a year now as it was on the forecourt when I had my previous Octy- they don't seem to be able to shift it. It's also very expensive, you can get a 2013 model for less than £13K

Thanks for the offer Whizzo but it's a (little) bit of a trek. I'm not in any rush at the moment, just want to experience one without getting involved with the dealers. They'll only start badgering me about when I'm thinking

of buying etc..

• 3 weeks later...

If nobody here can assist,

Why not go and look at a Private Sellers car.

(maybe do not expect to be getting to drive it in the road test, but you never know,

i let people if they have the correct insurance cover.

no insurance cover and even my best buddy would not get to drive.)

Or a non Skoda Dealer, plenty cars for sale.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

george

You live in Middlesborough and a dealer in Middlesborough has got one but it's a "bit of a trek "....?

....and you don't want pressure from them?....Incredible!

If I was so inclined I could have half a dozen test drives in a week with the local dealers,make up some excuse and not feel pressurised to buy.

Sorry,mate,you're coming over as a bit of a wimp,and,personally I don't see why in these circumstances anyone on here should go out of their way.

• Like 1

Thanks for your constructive help XK140.

Middlesbrough is not a trek, Newcastle is.

I'd happily let someone come for a ride in my car if they were local to me and on this site, but that's the kind of person I am - not one

to make stupid snide remarks.

I never said anything about driving anybody's car either.

If I wanted a ride or a test drive in something, as stated,I'd go to a dealer.

It wouldn't enter my head to try and beg one from a private individual.

Those remarks are the truth,if you don't like them,tough.    

2 weeks since your first post on it.

Personally i have driven 5 Road Test Demonstrators in the last 2-3 weeks and had no pressure from any of the salespeople.

(but then i am a serial tester, not so often a buyer, but they seem OK on that.)

george

• Like 1

Begging????

Since when was asking a favour classed as begging?

I don't see you offering expenses. 

Don't forget you are an unknown stranger to all on here...think about what you are asking.