Why can I turn Bluetooth on?

Colleagues

Have taken delivery of our 2010 Octavia estate. This has the Bolero audio unit. Within its set up there is an option to turn Bluetooth on (for audio not phone). Does this work on a standard Bolero or is it for use when some optional Bluetooth unit has been added. The reason for asking is that I can find no other reference to how to use it anywhere in the manual like how you might stream audio from a phone for example.

Anyone have any ideas?

It's an additional module factory fitted beneath the driver's seat.

Without the module you won't be able to make phone calls or stream music.

The HU does allow done options that simply aren't physically available on some cars.

I did the same when i got mine.....spent an age trying to figure out why no buetooth....looked under the drivers seat and low and behold an empty space where the module should be.... :(

Well that explains it. Thanks for putting me right on all that everyone - greatly appreciated.

I bet the module is both costly and in some or other way difficult to fit - ho hum.

About £130 from a few trusted sellers on Ebay, and if you are happy to stow it in the dash rather than route it to the floor box, it's a doddle to fit. Even routing and fitting to the floor is not that difficult, couple of hours tops, and then someone with VCDS to code it in.

Not a big or expensive job at all, in the grand scheme of things

Well that explains it. Thanks for putting me right on all that everyone - greatly appreciated.

I bet the module is both costly and in some or other way difficult to fit - ho hum.

Here's one I have been eyeing up: http://goo.gl/DiZWz

Plenty more on eBay.

I bought from him, and am fitting the kit t my RCD 510 DAB in the Fabia this weekend. He's a great seller, arrived next day with a plug and play loom. No complaints at all.I only paid £130 though as he had one at auction, and nobody bid on it, apart from me.