my fabia just died

few days ago my fabia show me code 17671 pump jet valve cylinder 2 impulsable signal after few min running on 3 cyl was ok when hot
next morning again not easy to start and have error 17669 pump jet valve cyl 1 -regulation range exceeded
after few min running lumpy again run ok for whole day 100 miles
yesterday not start at all all 4 cylinders injectors faults
have fitted new injector loom but no joy
pump in tank works(tomorrow will check again)
tried to make cleaning- diesel purge but there is no sucking and pumping coming from tandem pump and injectors 
have checked there is 0.5v power coming to all injectors from loom but what to do next
take tandem pump and clean it?
take injectors and clean them(of fit 130pd which i have ready to go in?)
car is running only on easy start not on diesel
someone can do some diagnostic so at least ill know what to do next

location newcastle upon tyne  if someone have any ideas

dont wanna strip it just bought it 3 weeks ago and spend lots to put year mot 

after 3 weeks no problems at all just stoped

have you checked the fuses etc? sounds like one of the injectors has gone down, you could try unplugging one injector at a time and see if it starts I guess

is the pump in the tank actually pumping fuel out or just making a noise?

• Like 1

fuses and relays checked

all ok

cant unplug injectors coz need to take rokker cover again and bolt at back is not easies to do

took me hour and lots of swearing

will check again tomorrow

thinking to take tandem pump out coz engine must run even with just tandem pump if you have jar with diesel in pipe which is going to tandem pum like doing purge right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH_aE_OVHRI

mine is not running

Was running whit this cam belt for 4 years now.

I was thinking to change it next month ( have checked it its in good condition.

Have sorted someone to come and scan it next week

full scan today no errors

all ok so only point is faulty tandem pump or 4 injectors

if nor will try to check timing ( classic way)

if i open tandem pump can i clean it and fit it back or its better to  buy some working one?

Edited by icito

I had a think on this, have you removed the tandem pump yet? it could be the drive pin broken to it possibly so it wouldn't be turning the pump.

the pumps don't tend to fail that often but yes you could take it apart if you are very careful.

you could try to see if it is making a vacuum for the servo from the large vac pipe on it, remove the vac pipe and get someone to crank the engine over while you put a finger over the inlet for vacuum , no vacuum would say the pump is either not turning or completly broken. is the camshaft definitely turning when the engine is cranked over (presuming so if it runs on easystart). 

I have bought this fabia coz moving house now and need estate. But now I need to use mrs arosa. Will check pump later on when I sort my new house.thanks for advise mate.

This may sound stupid, but if youve had it serviced, including fuel filter changed, check the fuel pipes are on the correct way round. A friend of mine purchased a pd130 bora, which kept cutting out and not starting below half tank. Turns out in the end the fuel pipes were on the wrong way, and the "weight" of the diesel wasnt able to push the fuel through the system under half a tank

Have bought all filters and they will be in ASAP when I have car started. Car was running ok for years coz I know last owner. Have changed fuel filter with new one no joy have fitted other tandem pump still no luck. Think will be injectors blocked co I notice some thin layer of something like silicone inside tandem pump and feed part of cam something elastic tryed to check what's it but can't its like thin silicone. Maybe something go inside tank and f...d all fuel system. Now next step is to take out injectors and check them. Someone knows how to check timing with engine not running start to think timing belt mised thout.