Considering new Superb estate

Hi all. First post but have owned a number of Skoda's. The last one being a Superb Elegance I. Looking at offers avaliable with 0% free 3 years servicing I'm very tempted to buy a facelifted estate. Just wondered what current owners feedback on the estate is. Any feedback great fully received. Most importantly would you recommend one? I'm thinking 2.0 170 Tdi in SE spec.

Thanks

Mine's October 2011 so not a facelift but the estate's great.  I can halve my runs to the tip, keep the roofbox in the garage a lot more often and not worry about what Mrs Goat will decide she wants transported.  And the electric tailgate is dead handy for when you have your hands full.

Drive-wise, it feels very stable and doesn't handle at all like the barge it might seem to be from the outside.  And I actually think it looks pretty good too - better than the twindoor IMO - I added mudflaps to mine and they do add to the air of quality about the car.

Fuel consumption is usually mid-forties to mid-fifties depending on how I drive it (I have the 170 4x4) and it's quiet enough on motorways to have a conversation without having to raise my voice.

Being a Skoda, you get a lot for your money.  I specced an Audi A6 to the same level as my Elegance and would have been about 15k worse off.

All in all, yes I'd recommend it if you need space in your car or have kids with lots of gear.  Oh and getting their car seats in and out is a doddle what with all that legroom.  Go for it!

Thanks for the reply. Space is definitely one of my considerations and as you say don't think there is a better car on the market for value for money.

• Like 1

Looking at offers avaliable with 0% free 3 years servicing I'm very tempted to buy a facelifted estate. Just wondered what current owners feedback on the estate is. Any feedback great fully received. Most importantly would you recommend one? I'm thinking 2.0 170 Tdi in SE spec.

Thanks

I may be wrong but I don't think offers are available on the F/L models yet, especially not the Diesels.

Whilst it's a great car, it's expensive at the moment. The specification of my SE plus estate currently has a list price of ever £26k. I paid just over £20k last September taking advantage of the "no vat" offer.

Also, if you are in the show room, look at the latest Octavia Estate. It's nearly as big, and might be big enough!

buy the petrol model the diesel is a bit gruff with some vibration at times the 1.8 is very smooth you will  then have the perfect estate that money can buy.

bill

Had mine (MY2011, 2.0 tdi cr 170, dsg, elegance trim) for just over a year.

It is a great car for the money. Spec better than previous car and quality on par with the audi a4 I had previously. Handling is remarkably good for the size of car.

Dsg gear change is seamless, panoramic roof is great and power tailgate a great help when hands are full with all the kids stuff. Some have complained about the Columbus radio/satnav unit, but it works very well for me.

I always feal rather smug when I see other "better" estates from the BMW /Merc/ Audi brigade; knowing I have a better specked car for less outlay.f

Yes, get one! Go for elegance trim if you can afford it.

Edited by pmk76

The floor in the luggage space is amazing. Flat with the rails to attach the load dividers, hooks for tie down straps, cargo net.. My first wagon and I never realised just how useful and luxurious it could be for the money paid. Fuel consumption? Best not talk about that with the V6.

i would go Elegance - Xenon's and heated seat's alone are worth the extra pennine (IMHO) 

Al. 

+1  If you haven't had Xenons before, they do this cool sweep thing when you switch them on.  And in auto mode the beam moves as you move the steering wheel, varies with speed as well.  Very cool, and makes night driving loads easier if like me the eyesight's starting to dim.

Heated seats are cool too.  Until you switch them on of course, then they're warm.  In fact too warm perhaps if set on full.  But what I didn't realise until I tried them the first time, is that the backrest is heated as well, great for cold mornings and pain relief of sore backs too.

Edited by Yearofthegoat
  • Like 1