FREE tyres at Halfords

Someone alerted me to this just now...

968845_643211452358051_1246580390_n.jpg

Seemingly, a technical glitch on Halfords part. Here is the link, http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11602_catalogId_19253_productId_968475_langId_-1

I have ordered some, though I very much doubt Halfords will actually supply them to me for free. No harm in trying though, right?

Let's see what they say when I turn up on Friday and ask for my 4 free tyres! I got my booking reference too surely if they refuse u can get em done for false advertising

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet!

Least your doing lile I did n only ordering a set.

Its on FB vag talk and muppets on there are ordering 8 and one ordered 6 twice!

What is it with pricks like that? why take the **** when it would be nice just to get a pair for nothing.

I'll order some, but unfortunately there is nothing legally that says they have to honour the order.

No company has to sell you anything, even if mis-priced on the high street they can still refuse the sale, and protection is even greater with websites as they can actually correct the price and charge you after delivery for their mistake.

False advertising is when you are deliberately mislead (I.e "Sir this is only £10", then they charge £100) so the only way to get away with it is if the company decides to honour it out of goodwill!

Also as no money is taken I very much doubt they'll honour it...

Edited by Oli3000
  • Like 1

especially if it's an obvious error.

something that should be £350 for £300, you have a good chance they'll play ball, but the same thing advertised for £3.50 is an obvious error and they are entitled not to honour it

Yup, shops have the right not to sell.

You'll probably get an email telling you this, they might offer a discount to keep your business.

It'd have to be a bloody big one before I'd let Halfords near my wheels.

Let's see what they say when I turn up on Friday and ask for my 4 free tyres! I got my booking reference too surely if they refuse u can get em done for false advertising

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet!

Nope E&OE will be on the contract.

That plus it's very obvious it's a mistake.

Dear Customer,

Booking  cancellation – Bridgestone tyres with £0.00 order value

We would like to apologise for the error on our website over this weekend and earlytoday which incorrectly showed the price of some Bridgestone Turanza ER300 tyres as £0.00. This was a genuine website error and unfortunately we cannot honour any bookings made for these tyres. Due to the number of bookings we have received, it may not be possible for your centre to contact you personally to cancel your booking, so please accept this email as cancellation of your booking.

We do not sell tyres at £0.00 value at any time and Bridgestone tyres advise us that the ER300 pattern tyre was superseded some time ago and therefore these aren’t a pattern available in current range.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error, however if you should wish to book an alternative tyre type we would be pleased to receive your order and please visitwww.halfordsautocentres.com/tyres.