erwin / Part No's

Hi

I'm in the process of repairing /replacing the airbag crash sensor in the driver's door - got a fault diagnosis and the door panel comes off tomorrow!  However, before I go that far I am trying to find a way of getting part nos for whichever part i find is faulty.

A friend suggested erwin but I can't get access to it.  Are there any other ways of finding the part nos online?

Thanks

Hi

I'm in the process of repairing /replacing the airbag crash sensor in the driver's door - got a fault diagnosis and the door panel comes off tomorrow!  However, before I go that far I am trying to find a way of getting part nos for whichever part i find is faulty.

A friend suggested erwin but I can't get access to it.  Are there any other ways of finding the part nos online?

Thanks

Im must admit, I would be interested to know aswell, as my experience with ERWIN online is terrible.... I just cant log in, or re-register!

I have recently registered for ERWIN. The process was straightforward but I haven't paid for timed access as yet.

Try the link below to ETKA. It is in English and looks up-to-date. I would look up the part numbers there then ring TPS and see if they are the latest version and what they cost.

http://www.partscats.com/skoda/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=sk

ERWIN is well worth the fee to access the service manuals for your car (tip - pay for a day and download the .PDF files to read at your leisure).

However, I don't think it gives access to part numbers. Exploded diagrams, instructions, specifications and torque settings yes, but part numbers themselves no.

At least that was my experience.

Edited by FriendlyFire

ERWIN is well worth the fee to access the service manuals for your car (tip - pay for a day and download the .PDF files to read at your leisure).

Can you print those PDF files at a later date or only when on line, ie are they print protected? This issue was discussed some years ago in the thread below.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/118646-erwin-now-available-for-skoda/

• 4 months later...

Dear All,

I'm thinking about registering for ERWIN and paying for access but, before I do so, I wonder whether anyone with recent experience of ERWIN can clarify the situation with downloading information. From this thread and the earlier one referenced above by DGW, I'm guessing that: 

1. Some of the information within ERWIN is already prepared as .pdf files that you can download and then read or print at your leisure.

2. Some of the information is not in .pdf format but can be printed whilst you're on-line within ERWIN. According to post #13 of the earlier thread, such printing can only be done to a physical printer not to a "pdf printer" i.e. if you haven't got a physical printer, you can't write the information as a .pdf file on to your hard disc.

Is this summary anything like correct? Does any one have any suggestions for how the information in category (2) could be saved to disc as a .pdf file?

Apologies if I've misunderstood or misinterpreted anything posted previously. Many thanks,

WACH

It's been a while, however, from my recollection everything is available to download as a .PDF.

You can read what you like "onscreen", print if you paid to print and also download to .PDF. These downloaded files can be read and printed later even after your access has expired.

The only issue I found was the process of downloading. It is a bit clunky. I don't remember the exact details but it involved right clicking on the file names and choosing to print/download/save as .PDF. I remember it took a couple of minutes to exactly work out what was going on.

I don't remember the type of printer being an issue.

Aside from the search for documents which are all in PDF format, the only document specially generated is the full details if your cars equipment. You will need your vin number.

This website has info identical with Erwin. You can judge how useful Erwin will be and indeed if you want to even bother.

http://skoda.workshop-manuals.com/octavia-mk2/index.php?id=1864

Hope this helps.

Many thanks, FriendlyFire, very helpful.

I was already familiar with the skoda.workshop-manuals.com site and have found it very useful. The "extra" that I was hoping to obtain from ERWIN was anything specific to my car i.e. whether, by entering my VIN, I can obtain an exact and up-to-date list of all the jobs to be done at each service interval, details of any recalls, etc., etc.? 

Thanks again,

WACH

You can get an exact and comprehensive list of options fitted to your car with your vin number. There is a very detailed service manual showing what needs doing when and how. I didn't see anything about recalls. Another system perhaps?