ERWIN - Now available for Skoda

VRStu

It has been possible to purchase technical information for VW and Audi for some time via ERWIN but now Skoda have joind the party -

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do

https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

By the look of it.

What I would like to know is if you save the information does it delete itself after the time has expired or do you get to keep the copy?

You need internet access when you open the PDFs, as there is a plugin to adobe that you need to run (sealed media). This goes back to erwin to check the DRM license everytime it's opened. You also need windows XP as the sealed media plugin does not work in Vista.

You can not print to anything other than a physical printer if you buy 24 hours access with printing rights. But ..... ;)

Depends what you call expensive really. These documents are the equivalent of bibles for dealership workshops. Elsawin is just a parts database. Erwin docs are full on procedure based manuals which give the the exact procedures to do anything needed on the car.

They may seem expensive because they are continually updated where needed and and very very detailed. Think haynes manuals x1000 in detail.

Once you pay your fees you have access to every model's details in the manufactorers line up. There's info in these docs you will not find anywhere outside the dealer network.

• 2 years later...

So it's a waste of time me bothering then. I have vista and only have access to a printer at work.

You could download and install PDF995 which I believe is still free (with adverts). This mimics a printer driver but creates a PDF file which is saved and can be transported, emailed, etc.

I haven't tried it as I don't need ERWIN, but in theory it should work.

If not, you can at least create PDF files from any programme on your PC.

Unfortunately the Sealed media plugin will only allow printing to a driver for a physical printer - it will recognise most 'PDF printer' drivers and refuse to print to them. Using a PostScript LaserJet driver to spool to a networked Linux machine running Ghostscript, however... ;)

As an extra note to anyone who's interested, documents for the Felicia and earlier vehicles are not available on ERWIN - only the VW-based models.

• 4 years later...

You can download everything you can find on there under the individual vehicle information tab, and keep them forever. Just 7 Euro + VAT for an hour's access. 

Edit: Register, login, then go to the individual vehicle information tab; select either Training items (SSPs) or Repair Information. For the latter, choose your model of interest, then whether you want circuit diagrams, workshop manuals etc. Pick any item that you want to download, click on 'Order Flat rate', spend your Euros on your CC, click Download. Then spend the rest of the hour going through everything else that might be handy to have, downloading that too, you might as well.

Brilliant resource.

Here's a little sliver of a screenshot showing the Download buttons just in case anyone doubts what I'm saying:

erWin Skoda 4.png

Edited by Wino
Instructions for how to download stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately it doesn't like my combination of ip address  and cc address to purchase whilst at work - US ip address and uk cards?  No decent printer at home so will it let me login for an hour or whatever,  save and access the pdfs I want later - specifically electrical and 02Q gearbox manuals?

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that full VIN specific PR code printouts can be downloaded from Erwin?

The front brake PR code is missing from my vehicle data sticker, and the nearest dealer is like 15 miles away so this would be the best option for me!

12 minutes ago, tiching99 said:

The front brake PR code is missing from my vehicle data sticker, and the nearest dealer is like 15 miles away so this would be the best option for me!

There is this wonderful invention, I believe its called a telephone? 

You could phone the parts dept and ask for a price and part numbers...

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, tiching99 said:

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that full VIN specific PR code printouts can be downloaded from Erwin?

Yes, I can confirm that.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2018 at 10:46, xman said:

There is this wonderful invention, I believe its called a telephone? 

You could phone the parts dept and ask for a price and part numbers...

Pray, tell, what is this "telephone" you speak of? Actually, nevermind, I will look it up on my handheld, internet-connected smart device. :biggrin:

On 22/11/2018 at 11:01, Wino said:

Yes, I can confirm that.

Thanks!!

• 2 years later...

Hello

The license states that the PDFs are only available for the purchased subscription time. Is this true? Do they really have to be physically printed to have persisted access to them? 

18 minutes ago, BogdanB said:

The license states that the PDFs are only available for the purchased subscription time. Is this true?

Yup...

18 minutes ago, BogdanB said:

Do they really have to be physically printed to have persisted access to them? 

I'd suggest using a 'print to PDF' function for long term storage ;)

• Like 2