Is itpossible to de-spec a fabia?

Basically im hopefully getting a Monte soon & i've been reading on here about the dodgy spraying on top of the alloys job that skoda provides with the new wheels.

Do you reckon i can spec my monte with bog standard get me home steel wheels & then they discount me with the cost of the wheels & i buy my own set of wheels that look a bit different?

Just a thought really, im sure if we wanted to buy a new alloy from Skoda they would be just as or more expensive than some top quality Alloys so surely thatis the price that they should discount, at the same time though are they likely to charge me over the odds for steel wheels just to tick me off?

The chance of that is about Zero.

The car will be built and leave the line with the Spec it has to since there are no Wheel/Tyre options.

(they need to supply the car with all 4 tyres fitted of the correct Load/Speed rating for that model.)

For what you are suggesting, you might as well sell or try to sell the new wheels it arrives with.

1 kept as a spare for yourself,

and you only need 3 buyers that have damaged their Trinity Wheels.

There is one member already thinking on buying a wheel from a dealer.

So if you got £100 a wheel and tyre you are sorted.

(you could get more probably as a Steel & tyre costs more.)

The Wheels are not that bad, and if you are not happy with them, why not get them Sprayed as soon as you receive them.

http://alloywheels.com

george

Some wise words so far thanks.

Sounds like a plan to jus take them & then sell them on as & when & keep a spare for chucking in the boot on long journeys.

It's just nice to be a little different sometimes thats all & alloys are the easy option.

Firstly,as others say,the chance is zero,a bit like saying can you have a cheaper car because they can leave out a radio and the back seats because you don't want them.

Also, I doubt that any alloys,however much you pay for them,will have a warranty of the paint finish beyond 12 months from new,so actually worse than Skoda.

Anyway,your idea did keep me amused,so thanks for that.

Yeah so what we're saying is that it's ok to add stuff to a car & the dealers will bend over to reach the soap to add some more gadgets & at our cost but suddenly if you want to opt out then that is impossile, but basically it's because it won't make them any money, not because it isn't possible.maybe there's a steel wheel crisis going on & that's why they feel it is acceptible to leave a can of wonder foam in the boot instead of a wheel :), i must have forgot how technical it was to loosen 5 studs on a wheel or somethin.

Anyway im only going from what ive read on here & dodgy spray paint over a wheel is not what id call quality & i bet i can get some peachier alloys for similar cost regardless of what warranty is offered so xk watch this space for some nice skoda alloys for sale:)

In fact you make a point ,without knowing,that can often be overlooked.

Which is that the cheapest car in any range is nearly always the best value for money,in other words the makers make more out of the options than the basic car.

This works for them because the vast majority of us don't want a really basic car.

It did work for me once when I bought a new basic KA,cost £5k new,and it served its purpose well for 3 years.

You really need to look at the Trinity Wheels, they have no Corrosion Problems like Dark Chrome Gigaros on the vRS.

Your wheels could have a perfect finish.

No spare wheel is so that the car comes off the production line lighter, and then gets awarded a low co2/ g/km.

& the buyer gets lower road tax, lighter car.

(Then that is how the cars that follow have to be. same as that one that was tested.)

Then the Spare gets added as an Option.

That why many things are options.  They can not be Standard Fittment.

Looks like a Light, Economic car with low emissions/road tax.

That is how they do it. Almost all manufacturers are at it in a similar way.

One Exception.

When VAG want Skodas to look slower or heavier than VW, Audi even Seat. Because it is going to be cheaper

They put a Spare in as Standard,  but as an option on the others & put Dead Weigh in the rear.

It then gets poorer Performance figures and a higher Road Tax Band.

VAG publish those figures and all the Media just repeat it.

george

In theory, you could order a new car and ask them to fit steel wheels. They might look at you funny, but they should be able to do it.

As far as I knew, the dodgy wheels were the VRS ones, with the chromed edges, not the Monte wheels (not read anyone on here saying their paint went on Monte wheels).

Mine are a year old, take a smashing from driving down the finest cart tracks in Hampshire/Wiltshire and haven't had any issues - including a daily drive through a foot deep flooded section of road for 3 months.

I did however get a spare wheel.

Ha! I asked my dealer if he'd fit steels and keep the alloys for a small discount and he answered with a politely restrained "can I be frank...". LoL. I think he couldn't believe anyone would ask such a stupid question.

My insurance told me it would cost a one-off £50 admin fee to make the mod so in the end I just kept the alloys.