Best turbo upgrade octavia vrs

Boo, I was hoping for a reply from CR to brighten up my day :(

Guess they have moved onto the next forum in the hope that I don't follow them.

Well guess they've had more than enough to respond

If I where the MD of a  reputable company and thought I was receiving unfair coverage of my wares, I'd be doing my best to put it right

I read this thread with interest. I have no idea who CR are, but when you buy a turbo you don't expect it to blow up due to supposed oil contamination. I have an IHI VF34 on my car and.....touch wood.......it's been running perfectly for over 50,000 miles, with me regularly changing the pil and filter myself.

This is in spite of having experienced the dreaded oil pressure warning light coming on. Pulled over straight away and got it relayed home, dropped the sump and changed the pick up pipe and oil pump, reassembled and everything was fine.......especially the turbo. A properly designed and built turbo mind you!!  

The only thing that has failed on my instalation, is the Milltec stainless exhaust system. But to be fair to Milltek they stand by their lifetime warranty. Can't fault them. Saves me having to keep polishing the tail pipes, if I just keep having the back box replaced hey? :happy:

• Like 1

Well that says it all....

CRap turbos....good riddance!

Look on the bright side....now they've disappeared we shouldn't have to many more members buying there wobbly turbos!

• 3 years later...

going to bump this old post.

whats the best way of going for more power these days, K03S Hybrid?
i dont have a blank chequebook so its about bang for buck as i'd also need to consider the supporting mods, FMIC, probably a turbo back exhaust, injectors and another remap.

i think i have the other mods already, still learning about my new car, previous owner seemed a bit 'optimistic/clueless' on specifics although the car does have history of owners from this forum but no build thread that i could find.

Edited by KTP

Depends if you want more power that is driveable with the least possible lag, or more power end of story.

If it is the first, then hybrid, is the way to go, keep below 300 bhp and you should be safe on the standard rods.

If you want the second, then it is rods minimum, and then get a good healthy bank balance as it is going to get expensive.