Remote control

djl

Llanigraham,

Perhaps I've misunderstood DRL, I assumed it meant ".Daylight running lights"

gadgetman,

I have not done anything with speed limit setting.Other than trailer socket settings,I simply tried to simplify the the remote setting so that one press unlocked all the doors/tailgate.

I've done an auto scan this morning and it shows the "Status:  OK  0000" on all the Gateway Installation List entries applies.

I also checked the "09-cont Elect supported codes";-

which had these in red;-

DTC 22591  -  Failure Mode 010

MIL Triggered:Yes  Active Yes Stored no Test finished no

DTC 03647  _  Failure Mode 009

MIL Triggered Yes Active Yes Stored Yes Test finished No

DTC 16377  -  Failure Mode 015

MIL  Triggered No  Active No stored Yes Finished No

I'm intending to try and decipher the codes next.

Well the key programming is certainly incorrect:

01179 - Incorrect Key Programming 
            000 - -
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100000
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 25
                    Mileage: 322 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2002.14.14
                    Time: 16:25:07

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                    Voltage: 12.10 V
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 Off
                        OFF
                        OFF

01179 - Incorrect Key Programming Possible Symptoms
  • (One or more) Remote Control not working
Possible Causes
  • Remote Control Adaptation incomplete
Possible Solutions
  • Check Remote Control Adaptation
    • See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
  • Perform Remote Control Adaptation
Did you save a scan before you changed anything? if so then check the long coding before and compare it to the current long code.

Looks like your problem is in 09 Central Elect

Original:

48000ABBE05BF1C0400800C0110089E44B7400AE726D87605C8540000040

Modified

44000ABBE05BF1C0400800C0110089A44B7400AE726D87605C8540000040

One of the 2 parts highlighted is your issue.  The other I assume is for the trailer?

I actually tried to put the 8 to replace the 4 and the E to replace the A but it didn't work, I'll have to try again, perhaps I should have "saved" it somehow. Thanks for confirming that I was on the right lines.

Once you click on ‘Do It’ it will tell you if the coding has been accepted or rejected, if it does not accept it then change one at a time and see which one it is rejecting.

I've managed to change the coding to the "good" one,though I had to "copy and paste" to get it in,as the Long Code Helper just wouldn't change it. However the fob still doesn't work.

Gadgetman, you say I may need to re-pair the fob(s) can you let me know where to read up how to or tell me what to do please?

I have attempted to re-pair the fob's as in the Ross-Tech remote control matching instructions,but when I try to access "46-Cent.Conv."  I get a window opened which says "no response from controller" as I can't access the module I can't re-pair the fob's.

Module 46 - Cent Conv is now integrated into Module 09 - Cent Elect/Body Control Module (BCM) on more recent Skodas. Whilst control module 46 appears in a Gateway Installation List scan, when you select that control module in isolation and scan it you get the error message you saw. So any coding/adaptation changes you need to make relating to the fobs should be in Module 9.

I found this out the hard way having been totally perplexed as to why I could see but not access and code Module 46. Ross-Tech's website had the answer.

Module 46 - Cent Conv is now integrated into Module 09 - Cent Elect/Body Control Module (BCM) on more recent Skodas. Whilst control module 46 appears in a Gateway Installation List scan, when you select that control module in isolation and scan it you get the error message you saw. So any coding/adaptation changes you need to make relating to the fobs should be in Module 9.

I found this out the hard way having been totally perplexed as to why I could see but not access and code Module 46. Ross-Tech's website had the answer.

Not really relevant to the OP, but do not discount 46- Cent.Conv. totally, I have just coded a 13 plate A4 which had very little in 09, so I looked in 46 as well and hey presto there was a full list of Bytes in there as well…. worth bearing in mind.

(I have not yet come actress a new Škoda that still uses 46 as well though)

I'm not familiar with the number of Bytes in the various parts, but there seemed plenty in my 13 plate Yeti. I had discovered them earlier (before DGW suggested I look at the them) but I was reluctant to experiment without some other confirmations.I am relieved now though.

Not really relevant to the OP, but do not discount 46- Cent.Conv. totally, I have just coded a 13 plate A4 which had very little in 09, so I looked in 46 as well and hey presto there was a full list of Bytes in there as well…. worth bearing in mind.

(I have not yet come actress a new Škoda that still uses 46 as well though)

Resistance is futile! ;) ;)

I managed to change my remote opening to all doors with one push of the button of the fob using the MFD and not having to resort to the laptop and VCDS though admittedly needing to do it for each fob, I dont want to appear negative, but would question if you need to ask what a fob is then I would suggest not touching VCDS.