Feeler! 1987 Scirocco 1.8 GT manual.

Quarry Bodger

As above. I have a 1987 vw scirocco for sale. Bodily it is incredibly solid and straight, and will shortly be presented for its mot, which it should have no trouble passing. Mechanically it is ok, but has been lowered at some point and the ride is rather harsh to say the least. It was originally an automatic, but has been converted to manual a long time before I got hold of it. The seats and carpets are all in ok condition, with no rips or tears or holes that I can find, however, the foam on the drivers seat has deteriorated and could do with being replaced. The car has covered 112k miles or there abouts and is taxed until the end of August this year. It also has some fancy alloy wheels and a stainless exhaust, which does not sound like a standard system. In all, it's a good solid thing in need of someone who can appreciate it for what it is. Is anyone interested, and what's it worth? Sensible replies only please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-72179-0-34267900-1375709626_thumb.jpgpost-72179-0-95828900-1375709697_thumb.jpgpost-72179-0-18307600-1375709773_thumb.jpgpost-72179-0-56523900-1375709831_thumb.jpgpost-72179-0-68760400-1375709938_thumb.jpg

The bonnet picture shows where there has been a rattle can repair to the o/s f corner, and that the paint has faded quite badly. There has also been a repair to the o/s f wing, but the paint here is not quite so bad. There is a tiny little touch up by the bottom of the rear number plate, just visible in the picture, and also visible, is the condition of the drivers seat. As I stated in my original post, it is in truly remarkable condition bodily, for its age.

If you require further info, please don't hesitate to contact me.

post-72179-0-65553100-1375709890_thumb.jpg

Hi there. Thanks for replying to my ad. As to a price, I really have no idea what it's worth. I am located in Lincolnshire, roughly 20 miles from both Peterborough, and Boston.

Looking on sites like eBay, I would have thought somewhere around £750 as it is, and perhaps as much as £1000 with 12 months mot. However, nothing is carved in stone so to speak and if someone waved the cash under my nose I might be open to offers. It really does need to be seen, as it is in better condition than some cars less than half it's age.

I forgot to mention, I also have a set of genuine 13" vw alloys from the same era with legal tyres, which can be included in the sale if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is sick. Waves of nostalgia of good old MK1 GTI, lovely.

car_photo_419155_7.jpg

My old GTi (1.6) was a silver rust bucket but I remember how I felt ever time I was driving past one like the above advertised up in Coventry many many moons ago.

Not many cars evoque any emotion any more, the car above, and yours (oh and the vRS!) do that :love:

PS the paint fade will polish out no problems, with a decent car polish, such as 3M FinesseIT (or if you are a poor layman on a cheap budget, that TCut crap)

GLWTS mate

• 3 months later...

A good Scala on eBay is fetching way more than £895. More like £1200! There is one similar to mine with more miles and less mot for £850, and a stolen recovered damaged one without a logbook for almost £600. I said in my original post that the price was not carved in stone, but I am not going to give it away.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Why not buy "Just one more?" I am sure we could work out a deal so that we are both happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Haha well I am looking for a car to do the twin town challenge in but it would be a shame to race this and the rules are max £500 for the car!