Anyone got any real pics of the monte estate?

post-8460-0-36926800-1378814661_thumb.jpg

There you go, there's mine. Due to be picked up tmw.

Embarrassed to say at the time the dealer had to estimate the cost, as it wasn't on the computer at the time. Still I've done some checking on the price and things like delivery were added on before the discount was applied.  It didn't make an whole lot of sense and they put Gap and Guard-X in the quote without asking. It was loads of trouble to remove the guard-x - the guy kept saying "'well I will have to re-do the finance." - Yeah well do it!! My experience of Skoda Garages in general has been very poor. The only thing they have going for them are good deals and decent cars. But customer service and returning calls, responding to emails is awful.I was the easiest customer in the world to deal with, walked in and said I will order a car today, I couldn't have been easier to satisfy.

Whole experience hasn't been great to be honest (rushed,rude,  awful salesman who I refuse to deal with now.)  

The only upside, is an old friend works there and he's on the ball - and was good to see him.

Edited by rone
  • Like 2

Very nice Rone, seems like our cars came on the same boat mate as i get mine tomorrow also.

Ive also had the issues with the monte tech estate not being on the system, not the guys fault (if they are to be believed) but still poor of Skoda.

Actually im picking up tomorrow & still havent signed anything for this car so ill be taking a long look at all the docs & prices before i sign anything.£12575 is the price & that's all im paying.

But enough of that nonsense, let me know what you think tomorrow & ill do the same.& of course ill get a piccie up.

We've had ours for just over a month now… about 1000 clicks

I cover a bit of distance with my job in the van and not seen any other estates on the road which seems strange.

It's still not run in enough, so everything's still tight, but I hope the mpg goes up. Currently not quite as good as the 1.9 Octavia Elegance it's just replaced that did a solid 55 around town… only touching 50mpg with the monte. Hrm?

I have to agree with Brimma.

When I heard that they were bringing the Tech estate out I was gutted but I had already bought my hatch.

Having seen the estate now without the black roof I have to say I prefer my Monte hatch looks wise.

It's still a nice looking car, much better than the Ibiza FR estate I nearly bought, just not quite as sharp or as special as I thought it would've been.

The estate for me is a practical decision. Roof bars and the extra space take precedent in over the roof colour. The roof bars are a glossy black in keeping with the rest of the kit.

Let me know how you other guys get on a pick up.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

attachicon.gifskoda.jpg

There you go, there's mine. Due to be picked up tmw.

Embarrassed to say at the time the dealer had to estimate the cost, as it wasn't on the computer at the time. Still I've done some checking on the price and things like delivery were added on before the discount was applied.  It didn't make an whole lot of sense and they put Gap and Guard-X in the quote without asking. It was loads of trouble to remove the guard-x - the guy kept saying "'well I will have to re-do the finance." - Yeah well do it!! My experience of Skoda Garages in general has been very poor. The only thing they have going for them are good deals and decent cars. But customer service and returning calls, responding to emails is awful.I was the easiest customer in the world to deal with, walked in and said I will order a car today, I couldn't have been easier to satisfy.

Whole experience hasn't been great to be honest (rushed,rude,  awful salesman who I refuse to deal with now.)  

The only upside, is an old friend works there and he's on the ball - and was good to see him.

Shame that was your experience - has largely been mine too. Hoping the car will make up for it - yours looks great in red - enjoy!

• Like 1

If practicality is more important for an individual then it wins hands down.

I probably could've done with the roof rails for my bike carriers but a £50 set of roof bars sorted that.

The Tech estate wasn't out when I got mine but the looks of my hatch won me over.

The Tech estate is still the best looking Fabia estate, just not as nice as the hatch in my opinion.

Happy motoring anyway, we all seem to love our Fabias in any shape or form.

• Like 2

Even though im getting the estate i still agree with yous about the roof, it needs to be Black.But after having my Greenline estate for a couple of years i couldnt go back to a hatch, for a small car it is impressively practical & im gladly sacrificing a black roof to gain this extra space.

If my greenline hadnt been so unreliable i would have just slapped on some black alloys & smoked the lenses & got most of the looks of the monte.

I average 50mpg in my greenline & got 60mpg yesterday at 80 on the motorway.

Im doing the same stretch of road today when i pick up the Monte so will be interested to see what i get, although i wont be steady stating it for too long with the need to run it in properly requiring some speeding up & backing off type activities.

Ill keep yous posted

Goodbye old Greenline, you woulda been a good car but letting me down on a long journey whilst towing a trailer with a motorbike on was the final straw.

You looked good but i cant take the risk.

P.s-ive now started seeing your sister....miss monte carlo, hope you dont mind :)

post-103525-0-04891700-1378921091_thumb.jpg

post-103525-0-05540700-1378921132_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Picked mine up. Lashing it down. Initial observation is the brake drums are grey. Does that mean they've been painted! I've heard people taking about it.

Drive home was okay, feels nice and sharp , not particularly quick but probably still tight. 38mpg on way. Sat nav way better than i thought it would be. More to come..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk 2

They wont be grey for long rone i think thats the standard finish that'll soon start rotting but big deal really youll hear folk winging about it but at the end of the day it's an outer casing & can be painted to look pretty or left to look a bit unsightly but it shouldnt affect your braking.

I got 35mpg on my 60 mile trip home, but i was thrashing it.i can see i wont be getting much over 40mpg on my regular drives but i dont care because the car is about 10 times quieter than my greenline & i can actually hold gears now instead of constantly playing with the gearbox just to keep moving.i love the ambience in the cabin, the maxi dot, sat nav lights & dark lining on the roof & pillars make for a more relaxed environment.

Im still getting used to the gearing after driving diesels but i can just tell that this engine is an absolute peach.

• Like 1

Do it rone,it wants it

Not right to the redline but get it close then back off without changing gear.worst thing to do is keep at steady pace & baby it,its an engine at the end of the day & wants to be one so let it.

If it breaks, just take it back :)

• Like 1

Strangely its not the looks im after it's substance.

I prefer the look of the old greenline but i need a more useable engine & the monte is the best alternative & happens to look quite good.it needs to be lower but the big wheels make it feel like it handles better than the greenline.i think the greenline would handle better with the same wheels but would prob bottom out as its not exactly Billsteins.

I think in a few years, with a chip or whatever to 130bhp & some Billsteins this monte will be a match for my old Mk2 Golf GTI

Ye mk 2's all the way, i had 2 Mk2 8 valves,red then silver, then later i got a 16 valve but it was a bit buggered.ive also had a polo gti circa 2000 reg.

In comparison id say the monte is quite like the polo at the moment, a bit lardy but still able to shift but only just pulling the skin off a rice pudding....still good enough though...im real happy with it.it's the best of both worlds id say.

Steady drive to work - 10 miles, got 44MPG with little effort.

Enjoying messing with the maxi-dot, anyone know how to default it to something. IE it starts showing Sat nav info rather than the last element you were on (Ie music etc.)

Starting to feel better now I've revved it, was a bit sticky in the middle of the range.

Car hand-over wasn't great, after being promised mats at 'mate's rates.' I was told the price was already discounted as per the internet.

Great, well my GF is getting a new car and we won't be coming to you. The salesman has been lacking social skills from the start, and didn't let up towards the end.Someone please give me a decent dealer in East Mids/Yorks and don't say Rainworth or Lincoln.

Incredibly the Fabia Estate (505, 1485) has almost the same boot capacity as my outgoing Qashqai+2 (450, 1520), and very similar spec with a much better engine.  I will miss the upright driving position and the qashqai was prettty good on the MPG. But the fabia will be better. Better gearbox and better engine, given its weight too. Much easier to load bikes on to. Although the qq has a nice level loading bay and 7 seats. Not really the same car, but does the same things for me - and effecitvely nearly 8-9k Cheaper.

Edited by rone

yep, similar figures for us 2 rone, i got 41mpg from my 12 mile toodle to work this morning.im happy with that, add on a few when it's got some miles under it's belt.

put a smile on my face this morning when i seen it in the driveway :)

engine temp sits at 90 no matter how much i rag it.

was a very smoothe & easy run to work, it's so nice to be doing 40mph in 5th gear.the greenline never quite seemed in the right gear, either revving too high or struggling.

I love "Lincoln" - the city... I eat there - jews house ;) , cycle there and have friends there.

But I haven't had much pleasure dealing with their dealership.

In fact I rang at 9:30 this morning to see if I can return the sill protectors, firstly why didn't anyone tell me the monte already had them, given I was just about to drive off in it. They let me buy them. Secondly, no one has yet returned my call. It doesn't take 90 mins to return a quick call. Poor.

I run a business and I treat people like gold. I have to.

Edited by rone

yep, similar figures for us 2 rone, i got 41mpg from my 12 mile toodle to work this morning.im happy with that, add on a few when it's got some miles under it's belt.

put a smile on my face this morning when i seen it in the driveway :)

engine temp sits at 90 no matter how much i rag it.

was a very smoothe & easy run to work, it's so nice to be doing 40mph in 5th gear.the greenline never quite seemed in the right gear, either revving too high or struggling.

is the greenline much different to the standard 1.6 diesel. My Gf has got the bog standard 1.6 (75) and I thought it drove okay. But even she is likely to give it up for a petrol soon.

I love "Lincoln" - the city... I eat there - jews house ;) , cycle there and have friends there.

But I haven't had much pleasure dealing with their dealership.

In fact I rang at 9:30 this morning to see if I can return the sill protectors, firstly why didn't anyone tell me the monte already had them, given I was just about to drive off in it. They let me buy them. Secondly, no one has yet returned my call. It doesn't take 90 mins to return a quick call. Poor.

I run a business and I treat people like gold. I have to.

Did you not notice that the car had sill protectors when you got into it before driving off in it? If you had you wouldn't have had to ring up to see if you could return them :)

Drifting off topic a bit here, but I've never had a problem with the Lincoln dealership

No I didn't, if I had I wouldn't have ordered them prior. Given I'd not sat in the car at that point. And then you dive in a new car, in the pouring rain etc. It's not the first thing on my mind to keep the door ajar. Bad circumstances.

But I expect *them* to know the car better than me. Yeah? Isn't that what I'm paying for - their expertise in a hand-over, for the models they see day in and day out.

That's fine with your experience, I understand people have different experiences. And trust me I have lots of reasons for wanting to like them and being an alternative to my much closer main dealer. (otherwise I wouldn't have made the journey in the first place - which is double distance.)

Edited by rone