What's this connector for?

I'm in the process of fitting a double din and when I took my symphony unit out it had 3 blocks in the back

2013-08-06190300_zpsc8570c5a.jpg

The harness I have only allows me to connect 2 of these blocks

2013-08-06190446_zps7111d508.jpg

The new radio works fine without this block but what's it for?

Also I am after getting the dvd player to work when I'm driving (Not for me to watch) how would I go about that?

Also what's the black wire that is coming from the back of the symphony unit?

Edited by Adam_

Gonna answer a few of my own questions here for future reference.

The "Mystery" blue block was for a Connects2

The Black wire which was connected to the back of my head unit seemed to be the ground wire for the Connects2

Can you get the DVD player working all the time?? Yes you can I just connected the parking brake ground to the permanent ground and it works fine :)

Its a box that connects to your stereo that has red white audio connectors which you connect another cable that then connects to your mp3 player of choice.

Simple enough for ya!?

• Like 1

I'm looking to get a connects2 box for my smartphone mp3 needs. Quick question - What's the quality like on these? I'm currently not impressed with the sound coming out of the oem cd player at the mo. Debating whether to add the connects2 or buy a new head unit altogether?

Thanks Adam - yeah I'm a bit fussy with my audio. Standard CD player setup sounds too "tinny" for my liking...I've got poweramp & audio mods installed on my note 2 smartphone & that pumps out some decent quality sound, just not sure if the standard stereo/speakers will channel it through properly without crackling etc.

I'm actually not sure you're being serious :/

As I said I only found this the other day and before that I knew nothing of it, I feel like you're breaking my balls for specifics.

I included a link in my post to the website which gives you an idea what it does.

2013-08-13165821_zps0351ef0e.jpg

2013-08-13165850_zps0f2976ec.jpg

Now you know as much as me.

I also found this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Connects2 Which may help you