Ashby Foleville Classic Car and Bike Meeting

Gonzo900r

Hello everybody!

Just a quick reminder the last Ashby Foleville meeting is Tuesday 13th August.

The meeting was originally ment for classic cars and bikes. But over the years all sorts of cars from modern to modified and the damn right wierd turn out.

Food and drink stalls are available at the show field where you can show off your metal if you arrive early enough and pay a fee (which I don't know how much it is).

There is also a pub and parking available in the opposite field for £2.50 a car.

Be good to see anybody there if interested enter the following postcode in your satnavs LE14 2TE

All the best

Phil

Well I went down last night in the classic Merc and all in all it was a good meet with some lovely cars on show... That is until the Feds turned up with a chopper, plain clothes officers recording everyone's car, marked cars parked everywhere and threats of being towed away and being told to disperse.

We're talking about classic MGs here with old boys and their grandsons, not Corsas and Saxos. Sad.

One of my favourites just parked away in the car park

post-39574-13764653379499_thumb.jpg

Although that baby blue Cortina was mint, and the Lada with a Fiesta ST engine in was very interesting!

• Like 1

It's all because the new police commisoner for leics is from that area and doesn't like all the noise etc!

Talk about over policing and to think I used to do that job for free.

I used to take a plod car down there and show kids around it and let them mess around with the kit etc

How times change and that was only 3 years ago

• 2 weeks later...