superb 2 pre fl with rear end of fl

9cc0

It depends which parts you want to use.

You'll need to change the rear lights, boot lid and rear bumper.

The rear wings remain unchanged so the parts listed above should be a straight swap...

2012_skoda_superb_laurin_klement_12_1024

Rear-Skoda-Superb-2014.jpg

There isn't much to go wrong, the only potential issue could be a change to the mounting points for the rear bumper, which is unlikely as I'd imgine they are the same as the pre-facelift. Even the parking sensors are in the same place so the wires won't need altering.

The tailgate and rear lights are a straight swap. There may be an issue with the facelift LED tail lights when fitted to a non-LED pre-FL CANBUS throwing up the blown-bulb warning.

Simply "buying a FL" might not be an option, or the OP may have the opportunity to get hold of the new parts at reduced cost etc.

Agreed, although I did purposely use a picture of the 3.6 V6 for the pre-facelift, I like the symmetrical look :happy:  

Never mind upgrading to the FL back-end, I wonder if I can fit the extra tail pipes to my 2.0 diesel :giggle:

• Like 1

The boot is a lot more square on the fl, I've always admired the rear of the pr fl it's not been pretty in some angles, but when your following one dead on it looks really I want to say delicate, but I think thats where Skoda did a bit of a mash up, compared to the front where it means business, the rear its really simple and soft. 

If you can do it, I think it'll work well with the pr fl front too :)

That FL rear reminds me of a BMW 5 GT. That is not a compliment at all! It must be the angle because when I was at the dealers yesterday they had a FL and it looked lovely from the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at FL in local dealers, In addition to changing the parts mentioned the tops of the rear wings each side of the bootlid look to have a slightly sharper crease in them.

I like the LED clusters in the pictured 'old' shape, would i have a problem fitting them to my '09 SE?

I already have, see here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/138833-superb-in-china-led-rear-lights/

I couldn't afford the genuine lights from a UK Skoda dealer (almost £400) so bought the ones from Skoda China and imported them for £190.

You'll need to code the CANBUS or fit resistors though to prevent the blown-bulb warning light on the dash.

It depends which parts you want to use.

You'll need to change the rear lights, boot lid and rear bumper.

The rear wings remain unchanged so the parts listed above should be a straight swap...

2012_skoda_superb_laurin_klement_12_1024

Rear-Skoda-Superb-2014.jpg

Looking at the pics you posted above, the rear wings could be different and may therefore need changing too. If you look at shut line on sides of the boot, they are straight on new shape and have a curved kink at the top of the original saloon.

It's not possible to tell by pics alone, but maybe the curved kink is fully absorbed by light clusters, so wings could be the same.