Yeti Genuine Roof bars

James I

I am selling my Genuine Yeti roof bars as they are no longer required. Complete with two keys.

I would prefer if they could be collected but postage can be arranged at extra cost.

I am looking for £120 ono + postage

9472715710_007bb9d875_b.jpg

9469930949_063fe38a48_b.jpg

9469929851_c98faa0a02_b.jpg

There are ten screws that fit into the roof rails, on removal I snapped a torx drive in one of them and slightly marked a few using mole grips to remove them as they had thread lock on!!

9472712300_a3c951259f_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just for info, the screws aren't supposed to be removed once inserted and are for once only use according to Skoda so the new owner will be better off buying new ones. Glwts.

Rubbish, they are a standard bolt that had a bit of thread lock on and are perfectly re usable.

It amazes me on this forum and other VAG forums that there is an idea that bolts can only be used once. "Oh they are stretch bolts" ooh, "they are one shot bolts" FFS it is a bolt, it is held captive by a threaded hole, how can it possibly stretch or become unusable?  

Do we replace wheel studs?  NO

But each to their own I guess and if you need new bolts knock yourself out and give VAG your hard earned cash.

No offence Yeti Man, I am just amazed at people believing the marketing ploy of VAG, I have worked on all sorts of machinery over the years and never heard such a thing as stretch bolts or one shot bolts.

Bolts are perfectly re usable and will be many times in many applications.  

No offence taken and no offence intended.