octavia vrs mk 1 rear calipers

sav26

hiya guys does anyone no where is cheap to get a pair of rear brake calipers for the vrs as i have one sticking and binding and was an advisory on mot but as i am changing all discs and pads all round need to get the calipers sorted first before i can do the job

Do you know anyone in the trade? See if they can get one at discount for your from Andrew Page or ECP etc..?
I had to get a replacement O/S/R caliper at the weekend and the list ECP price is £142 (inc £30 surcharge), I paid £68 thanks to a garage.

If it's just sticking and binding, cleaning & getting rid of the corrosion on the carriers, lubing with a decent anti-seize paste (silver types are better than copper) where necessary, and replacing the sliders works wonders.

http://brakepartssuperstore.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d10927.html

It's one of the four kits at the bottom of the page, but you'll need to check your existing guide size.

just bought a pair of new TRW's (rear) for 56 a piece. still waiting for them to arrive...

ebay is your friend

Fitted a pair of TRW mint green calipers last week, brand new £120 outright from a local motor factors (APD Gloucester).