New Monte Carlo owner looking for advice

Hi

Been a long time subscriber but this is my first post.

I’ve recently purchased a Fabia 1.6 TDI Monte Carlo (75bhp) to use for my daily commute to work and back. I intend to keep the vehicle for a couple of years as looking at the reviews it is a very economical car as should suit me nicely.

There are only a few things that I am looking at to change with the car and hoping this forum can point me in the right direction.

Firstly I am looking at a remap. Even though I have purchased the car for the economy aspect and not performance I believe that it needs more power.

Can anyone suggest a reputable company that I can get this done form around the West Midlands area?

I have been in touch with Revo in Daventry but unfortunately have not received a reply as of yet.

Secondly is the ride height. I’m not very happy with how the car stands so I am looking to get this lowered to more sensible level. Can anyone advise if there are springs specific for the Monte Carlo or can I purchase springs that are designed for the 1.6 TDI variant. I have seen these on eBay , I understand they are very cheap so hoping for people recommendations.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-Lowering-springs-High-Tec-fit-Skoda-Fabia-5J-Hatchbacks-/151080426273?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFabia%7CCars+Type%3A1.6+TDi&hash=item232d185b21#ht_2587wt_1429

Third and finally: - the headlight bulbs. I am looking to upgrade the main beam bulb and would like to know what is best recommended. Having a look at previous posts I can see that HID kits are favoured due to the headlights being projectors. Instead of HID kits are there any bulbs on the market that would make a vast improvement to the light output of the headlights?

I apologise for the number of questions I have asked but I would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Lowering kits you need to watch as most will be design to lower the standard car (the Monte sits 20mm lower then the standard car already i think).

Now i hear the Monte uses the same suspension as the VRS so perhaps its worth looking at the eibach kit Skoda can supply for it.

As for the headlight bulbs soo many different types of bulbs available with varying results for looks and performance.

Its worth noting the Monte uses just two H7 bulbs for dipped and low beam.

There is a mechanism. With the projector module in the lamp that changes the beam frm dipped to main.

Can't help with the lowering or the headlights, although I agree with Crash - if the Eibach VRS kit fits, I'm sure that would be a good option

From what I've read on remaps on here, Shark Performance have a tried and tested map for your car

Posts on here as Shark_90 http://www.briskoda.net/forums/user/39574-shark-90/ or www.sharkperformance.co.uk

They're not a million miles away from you in Mansfield - and in my opinion, things like remaps done properly are worth travelling for ;)

• Like 1

Far from an expert on this but I am working on a few bits and pieces for my VRS.

On the bulbs, having had a recommendation for a good friend with a tuned Mk4 R32 Golf I have ordered some Osram Nightbreaker Plus limited edition Gold H7 bulbs. He has them on his car and they give excellent bright white light. Also they are currently very well priced on Amazon from Eurocarparts Amazon shop, oddly cheaper than on Eurocarparts main site.

On springs Eibach and H&R sounds like decent options, however I would be cautious about adding these to the stock dampers as I already find them crashy with the standard springs. You'll lower the car but at what cost to ride quality, if you had the budget the Bilstein B12 kit with Eibach springs and Bilstein Dampers seems to be well regarded across the forums I have researched, this is where I am going with my car. If you want to see your options try taking a look at Awesome GTI and DPM Performance websites. Plenty of discussions on here where you can see the end results of lowering different heights.

Remap +1 to Shark having a big following on here, must be for a reason.

On the bulbs, having had a recommendation for a good friend with a tuned Mk4 R32 Golf I have ordered some Osram Nightbreaker Plus limited edition Gold H7 bulbs. He has them on his car and they give excellent bright white light. Also they are currently very well priced on Amazon from Eurocarparts Amazon shop, oddly cheaper than on Eurocarparts main site.

Just wondering if anyone has the Osram Nightbreaker Gold versions installed? Are they an improvement over the 'regular' Nightbreakers?

Thanks

Shark remap have a great rep and I defo considered them but I went Revo on mine as they were only 7 mile from my work which was a bit more convenient for me. I've had no issues with it, car is much better for it as well. Had it done at 2000 miles and its never missed a beat with car now on 14,000 miles.

Edited by triathlondaz

Thank you all for the replies!

Has anybody got any links to the relevant springs for a monte carlo as im having difficulty trying to find the specific type for my model

Thank You

Just wondering if anyone has the Osram Nightbreaker Gold versions installed? Are they an improvement over the 'regular' Nightbreakers?

Thanks

Received the Osram Nightbreaker LE Gold H7's today, will report back

I've installed the Eibach 30mm lowering spring with the standard shocks and I've onye once had cause to question my decision (and that was mainly due to the shocking state of the road I was traveling. I don't find the ride any worse than the standard, but the pay off is it has a more purposeful stance.