2.5 years in, 68k miles and no issues.

My Car (140 bhp 4x4 DSG) is now two and a half years into its three year contract hire and has been great. Only in the garage for servicing. I fitted H&R springs (-40mm) and Bilstein B8 shocks and have it chipped to c 170 bhp.  The road holding is out of this world and the chip is so smooth - regularly getting 58 mpg on long runs

I am planning the next - going for the 170 4x4 DSG in the L&K model with the same chip, springs and shockers.  Hoping for over 200 bhp.  Thinking of the Metalic Brown and Brown leather.  Or Cappuccino with brown leather.

Have anoyone seen these colours?

Thanks

Sounds great, but I am not sure the new f/l L&k comes with brown leather, the new brochure only shows black or ivory, however Skoda info not always the greatest :kiss: as the configurator gives brown but no black lol

Who did your springs and shocks change please? 

Edited by sadgit1

Hear you on the brown leather, but reviews say it is an exclusing L&K colour!  I will see....

I bought the springs and shocks from larkspeed:  Bilstein @Front £122, rear £103 and H&S springs £158.   I got  Bobby from BTMM in Witney to install, did it all in a day ( when it was 1 day old!) a great mechanic and economic too!   http://www.btmmechanics.co.uk

When I can work out how to post a photo I will add of it!

Edited by NigelB

Just read the brochure, rather then just looking at the photos  :wall:  and yes brown leather in L&K spec is the option. Seats look great in the brochure, much better then on-line.

Agreed of the seats, the configure on the web site is correct too!, just cant decide on Capiccino or Metalic Brown on the outside, current car in Brunnelo (spelling?)  Red and the brown is not dissimilar, but I like the exclusive L&K  colour!  (perhaps I am being a snob!)

My Car (140 bhp 4x4 DSG) is now two and a half years into its three year contract hire and has been great. Only in the garage for servicing. I fitted H&R springs (-40mm) and Bilstein B8 shocks and have it chipped to c 170 bhp.  The road holding is out of this world and the chip is so smooth - regularly getting 58 mpg on long runs

I am planning the next - going for the 170 4x4 DSG in the L&K model with the same chip, springs and shockers.  Hoping for over 200 bhp.  Thinking of the Metalic Brown and Brown leather.  Or Cappuccino with brown leather.

Have anoyone seen these colours?

Thanks

What happens to the mods when it's time to give the car back? I assume you have to take them off (ready for your new Superb)!

Edited by JamKart

What happens to the mods when it's time to give the car back? I assume you have to take them off (ready for your new Superb)!

I had the leasing car co around and they said chuck out the standard springs as the auction house will not care, not worth taking them off.  Also having done 100k I want new on the newq car!

I love the sound of the mods - I've got the same car (L&K 140 DSG 4x4in Amethyst Purple) not sure I'll get the spend past SWMBO.

Enjoy the new car.

Hear you on the brown leather, but reviews say it is an exclusing L&K colour!  I will see....

I bought the springs and shocks from larkspeed:  Bilstein @Front £122, rear £103 and H&S springs £158.   I got  Bobby from BTMM in Witney to install, did it all in a day ( when it was 1 day old!) a great mechanic and economic too!   http://www.btmmechanics.co.uk

Edited by NigelB

Here is a pic - a bit dirty!  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/gallery/image/4301-dropped-40-mm/

I love the sound of the mods - I've got the same car (L&K 140 DSG 4x4in Amethyst Purple) not sure I'll get the spend past SWMBO.

Enjoy the new car.

Thanks, what colour leather did you go for?  Worth geting clearance somehow, the handling is out of this world, suprises everyone when you go around a roundabout at twice their speed while they are sliding off!!

What kind of 'chip' do you have. No probs with DPF?

It is one that piggy backs the system. They charged £400 for it and then £70 to take it off and put on the next car. It comes out in 5 seconds! I swapped it from an Alfa to this one - no problems on either and so much smoother.  I regularly get 58mpg on runs and over 50 most of the time, unless I feel the need to prove the suspension!

Edited by NigelB