Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 2

Hi All

Finally got round to replacing the Conti 3's previously fitted to my VRS today and went for the Eagle F1 everyone on here seems to rate.

It was chucking it down when I went out to collect the car so didn't get a good look at them till I got to work later. I was a bit surprised at the seemingly massive inner lip they have around the edge of the alloy - presumably this is there to provide protection from kerbing? Looks quite odd to me!

Also quite disappointed that having paid nearly £500 quid for four tyres that the garage managed to get white tyre sealant literally all over the tyres and alloys so they looked a right mess combined. Five minutes with a wet rag would have sorted it.

Have only done a few miles but the car seems to be handling quite oddly and struggling to put the power down. I could be dreaming but I seem to remember the handbook saying that this could happen when the tyres were changed and that it would calm down within a couple of hundred miles?

Anyway we're heading down to Devon at the weekend so I will get to try them out properly.

Cheers

Jon

It will take a few miles for the grease and other stuff coating the tread to wear off and for all tyres to make perfect contact with the road, go steady in the rain if you have just has them fitted.

Best all round tires I've had over the years. Highly recommended.

They'll be coated in release agent which takes 200 miles to rub off properly and they've likely over inflated them too. 

I was a bit surprised at the seemingly massive inner lip they have around the edge of the alloy - presumably this is there to provide protection from kerbing? Looks quite odd to me!

Have only done a few miles but the car seems to be handling quite oddly and struggling to put the power down. I could be dreaming but I seem to remember the handbook saying that this could happen when the tyres were changed and that it would calm down within a couple of hundred miles?

Yes it's a protection. If you read really closely on the tyre, it actually says that.

As above, will take a little while to wear in, but confident they will be much better than your Conti Sport 3's. They are amazing in the wet, which most people should consider as no1 priority, due to the amount of rain here in the UK

I bought two F1's a few months ago from Camskill, only had them fitted the other week by local tyre dealers, they replaced my front sessanta's which had done around 20K and still legal (2-3mm) and even wear on them. I have not noticed any real difference, but the weather has been mainly dry so far. The garage 'graunched' the bolts on with no torque wrench in sight, so got home and eventually loosened and correctly tightened them. They also smeared loads of sealant on alloys!!

I have just got my pasty group buy badges now so will do a wheel change (new ones to the rear) this weekend whilst given the alloys a good clean and badge fitting :) .