Argh! windscreen chip

My 3 week old Monte Carlo now has a 'small' chip to D/S windscreen caused by lorry this morning.

Do I contact my insurance, dealer or windscreen repair service?

Any advice appreciated, thank you, John.

Read your Policy Booklet.

It should clearly tell you, usually in bold print.

Many now say directly contact the windscreen company.

But easy to phone your Broker or Insurance Customer Service and confirm.

The often send a Tax Disc Holder or Card so that you have the information or phone numbers at hand if anything happens if driving.

george

• Like 1

Check if you have windscreen cover then give autoglass a bell, never had mine done but I can only assume its what's said on the advert.

• Like 1

I had 2 windscreens replacements in the space of 4 months on my old Civic...

It's easy, most Insurance companies have a direct dial number for Windscreen replacement (check their website!!), that puts you through to the central number of Either Autoglass or National Windscreens (who my Insurance 'Admiral' use!)... there's usually an Excess to pay (autoglass is £50 and National is £75) Takes about an hour, and they will come to you at home or work! But this is far cheaper than having to pay for a New Windscreen out right!! (about £300-400 if I recall).

If it's just a reparable 'chip' then it's free and you can usually find a repairer in the carpark of a Larger Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda etc... takes about 20 minutes!!

I'm just waiting now for the first chip to happen on my New Greenline!! as I do 140 miles a day all on the M4 :sweat:

Edited by Simoneale1973
  • Like 1

Thank you for the advice, contacted insurance, Autoglass arrived within 10 minutes! (honest) now repaired :happy:

Once again, thank you all for your helpful advice.

Kind regards, John.

• Like 3