Bolero / Amundsen playback format

Did anyone manage to play FLAC or video on Bolero or Amundsen? I can't get mine to work (Amundsen) even though the manual says both flac and video are supported.

If i go to software info it says media codec: not available. Could it be that it needs a software update?

I can confirm that the Amundsen does NOT play FLAC files despite the clear indication in the brochure that it does. The user manual for the unit does not list FLAC either. SUK have confirmed that this is a brochure misprint. I have been offered the £250 goodwill payment. So far I have refused as I have other issues with my car.

• 9 months later...

So I've wasted my time putting several albums onto a SD card in Flac format. Still it gave me something to do while waiting for my car!

Hi,

But FLAC files are support on the Columbus ?

Hope so as i've just bought 2 64gd SD cards whilst out in the far east in prepartion for a new vrs !

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

But FLAC files are support on the Columbus ?

Hope so as i've just bought 2 64gd SD cards whilst out in the far east in prepartion for a new vrs !

Thanks

Steve

FLAC works fine on Columbus :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

(Hi! first post here! -- Sorry for bringing up an old(ish) thread.)

Looks like the new "A7" Bolero supports FLAC (page 29)

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/05-2014/Radio/Bolero/A7_Octavia_Bolero_InfotainmentRadio.pdf

Should be getting my Octavia soon -- will be excellent if I can play FLAC files from the SD.

Anyone tried this?

Cheers :)

(Hi! first post here! -- Sorry for bringing up an old(ish) thread.)

Looks like the new "A7" Bolero supports FLAC (page 29)

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/05-2014/Radio/Bolero/A7_Octavia_Bolero_InfotainmentRadio.pdf

Should be getting my Octavia soon -- will be excellent if I can play FLAC files from the SD.

Anyone tried this?

Cheers :)

No it doesn't - that is the same Bolero as this discussion is about.

It is still in the handbook, unless they have actually updated the Bolero to support FLAC, but I haven't heard any reports of MY15 cars supporting FLAC in anything other than the Columbus.

Although strangely not in the handbook for my Amundsen, although was in the sales brochure for the car and still was last I looked a few months back!