original Navigation System Fabia

fabyan

Anyone who retrofitted the original sat nav system on Fabia ?

Which is the correct part code:

1U0 035 191A ( Skoda MFD A ) / 1U0 035 191B ( Skoda MFD B ) ?

Cheers

Edited by fabyan

Sorry not to take this off topic, you also could opt for a double din aftermarket - more capable/up to date ? Just a thought.
Although they will never of course look as "OEM" as original

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-DNX5220-With-Bluetooth-Module-Double-Din-Touchscreen-CD-DVD-Sat-Nav-/221271741536?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3384d2d460

My only concern personally would be to get something that works with Sony RM-X4S - which apparently is a number of H/U's but not exactly knowing which doesn't help

Okay but you have to appreciate that aftermarket, the ethos is on making them theft resistant - not integrated with the dash

Whilst with the standard integrated dash radio, presumably they are completely fitted, which means 2 things, increased risk that they can be stolen, and even if they can't, it means more faffing about with security codes that can potentially be lost?

So its not all plus signs for the OEM.

Also, presumably they won't be bluetooth capable etc, the latest tech, so there are some pluses towards having aftermarket you can't get with the OEM integration. I'd personally prefer the look of the standard nav though. Personally though I've become 2nd nature to expecting my Sony commander to work so that would be my priority (otherwise you need a car with some kind of steering/stereo integration which I believe the Fabia never had)

You can get a plug and play kit on eBay with everything for about £30 last time I checked.

I bought and fitted one from a skoda octavia.

But what if I have the option to get the parts from a car for spare ?

Which parts I need to complete the system ?

It depends.

Aslong as you have the radio code, it will plug in and work fine apart from the GPS will be random and slow.

If you want it to work 100% how it left the factory, and you have a fabia with it fitted, I'd recommend taking the clocks out and selling them on eBay as they will be maxi-dot display clocks and are very very rare.

I have a Maxidot cluster sitting at Shark. Contact Ben Wardle to see if it would be compatible with your car and for a coding cost. I had an MFD1 retrofitted to mine by Techie1 (Ross Clarke) back in the olden days and it was.... Poor to be honest. I put a Kenwood DNX7240BT system in when the MFD1 failed and I really haven't looked back.

You only need the sat nav unit if ya can strip the car out and get the original gps antenna that would save you about 5 pounds then you'll still need to buy the ebay adapter cable!

You need this so the gps location can update constantly as the ebay cable allows it to send either wheel rotation pulses or abs pulse to the HU to refresh the location every few rotations!

Thats why you need to set the navigation unit up for it to work correctly! It does finely adjust its self over time though. 

Also take the dome light with the ambient lighting :P

• Like 1

Just the satnav and the GPS aerial if you can find it.

The satnav has the same plug as the fabia CD player so will work with just that.

The cd slot does not play CDs though, it only reads sat nav disc's.

FYI - the sat nav was a rare and expensive option on the fabia as it also included a maxi-dot display (the dash with the speedo and rev counter was different etc) as well as the 6cd multi-changer

This is the original GPS aerial http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/navigation-gps-aerial

Also take the dome light with the ambient lighting :p

I'll be modest and take only the rear ambients from a Fabia Estate :)

Just the satnav and the GPS aerial if you can find it.

The satnav has the same plug as the fabia CD player so will work with just that.

The cd slot does not play CDs though, it only reads sat nav disc's.

FYI - the sat nav was a rare and expensive option on the fabia as it also included a maxi-dot display (the dash with the speedo and rev counter was different etc) as well as the 6cd multi-changer

So it's GSP aerial from Superb or the plug&play kit from ebay or both ?

Good to know, hmmm. So I need a CD changer or Xcarlink or DMC

From where to get the sat nav disc ? It's missing

Yes, I know, about 1500 pounds. But IIRC there are some issues with the retrofit of the Fabia maxi-dot (?)

The light in the Superb's came with two red led's that lit of the dash to give an ambient feeling during the night

They didn't come in Fabia's or Octavia's only superb's where the lighting is green think its called cat vision or something like that!

For the Sat Nav

What you need definitely need:

Head Unit

What is optional for gps and music to work:

Ebay GPS antenna

Ebay Plug & Play kit

CD changer OR Ebay aux connector(iPod etc.)

Maps Disc