Fabia Reaction?

Ad Lav

Spotted a lovely primer grey fabia in the showroom with black comet alloys, turns out its a 1.2 12v fabia with options and a funky paint job!

£90 a month!! Bloody cheap!

Don't get me started! All ive been thinking about is the yellow Monte Carlo on DM Keith's website at the minute. I really really really want it but I don't need it just yet. It's cheaper than what I pay now on my current car but I hardly do any miles as it is. I'm off back to my corner to cry again.

• Like 2

I popped into my local Skoda dealer today (Preston Motors who sponsor the forum) and they have a Fabia Reaction in the showroom.

Now, I'll be honest, I thought it was a bit poop before.

But when I looked around it I have to say that against the list price of £9,700 you get a lot for your money considering it is a brand new vehicle.

I am not sold on the engine, but I guess it's reliable.

The fact it's got the leather controls pack and the black alloys, plus the SE dash makes a decent little car IMO.

They've even put decent alloys on it with a real polished lip, rather than the "odd bit of silver showing because the rim is too wide" effect you get on the VRS.

Plain grey, ripe for wrapping! :)

In yellow?

Well, with the black magic roof you have a choice of colours.  White, yellow, red or black would make it look just like a Monte Carlo.

Or you could do something a bit more interesting... ;)

Well, with the black magic roof you have a choice of colours.  White, yellow, red or black would make it look just like a Monte Carlo.

Or you could do something a bit more interesting... ;)

oh no, now what? 4x4? 1.8T :D

• Like 2

I thought it looked pants (but then I think all Fabia M2's are ugely).

Careful Allen,you're not allowed to criticise a Mark 2 unless you have

actually bought one. It's a forum rule apparently.

You'll upset Yoda...

• Like 1

I popped into my local Skoda dealer today (Preston Motors who sponsor the forum) and they have a Fabia Reaction in the showroom.

Now, I'll be honest, I thought it was a bit poop before.

But when I looked around it I have to say that against the list price of £9,700 you get a lot for your money considering it is a brand new vehicle.

I am not sold on the engine, but I guess it's reliable.

The fact it's got the leather controls pack and the black alloys, plus the SE dash makes a decent little car IMO.

They've even put decent alloys on it with a real polished lip, rather than the "odd bit of silver showing because the rim is too wide" effect you get on the VRS.

Plain grey, ripe for wrapping! :)

I think it depends on how much you can get the list price reduced by, and on a limited run, I doubt that much

Compared to a 'brand new' (pre-reg) 1.6 TDi Monte Carlo at just over £11K, I still know what I'd prefer

It's a proper 'run-out' model IMO - "how the hell can we get rid of these engines that no-one wants to buy"...

Fabia Reaction or any other cars sitting today in showrooms & unregistered, might well be registered before Friday, 

so more 'Cheapness' might well be possible from next week.

Everyone seems to know about engines sitting and unwanted, is it crystal balls, insider knowledge or pure guess work.

Have VAG really got some over production of engines somewhere needing cars to be put in?

george

• Like 1

My engine comment was based on the attractiveness of the 1.2 (non TSi), 69 ps lump, not the numbers they have on the shelf

My wife test drove a Seat Ibiza with a 1.4 (non TSi), 85ps lump in and it was a real gutless wonder

That was before you account for the lighter weight of the Seat versus the Skoda

I say lighter - I have no data to compare - just going on the basis of 'feel' and 'tinniness' :)

Skoda  seem to have sold in the UK about twice as many Mk 2 Fabias with 69 ps engine than they have so far of Monte Carlos with the 1.6 TDI CR,

(obviously the 1.6 TDI is in other Models and they have sold well.)

Must have been customers that decided that the 69ps engined car would do for them.

Good that there are choices & not everyone has to have the same thing.

george

Must have been customers that decided that the 69ps engined car would do for them.

Good that there are choices & not everyone has to have the same thing.

george

All the SE discounted cars had this.

SE spec with alloys, aircon and metallic paint, £8,995.

Well worth it for a brand new runaround.

There was one person on here with one asking about a remap.

I seem to remember he was a bit dissapointed when he found out he has the only petrol engine that maps to about 72bhp, rather than 130.

£90 a month?!?! Jesus that is cheap, but still couldn't swap out my MK1 for the MK2 as I still think mine looks better :P

Also think Bossfox is right, seems to fit the estate look much more than the hatchback IMO.

OH and I would love to wrap my Furby bright orange, think it would look awesome!

• Like 2

The grey looks pretty good on this Fabia IMO

4656355149_45e32f7014_o_zps636a9ff3.jpg

Did this actually ever go into production as I've never seen one.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-fabia-rs-revealed

Might I suggest your eyes have been drawn away from the car somewhat?

That lime is shocking, excuse the pun but a good caption for that pic would be butt-ugly.

Edited by Sparkly
  • Like 2