Citigo Sport Secondhand Prices

RGKTSi

Hi All.  Looking to place an order for a Citigo sport.  White with steel spare wheel.  Wanted a false floor but looks like you can't get this on the Sport according to the brochure.  Skoda are doing a very good PCP deal at the moment so tempted by the 0% finance deal.  Asked dealer about any discount, he said no, not with the PCP deal.  I thought any deal on the price might be small anyway, say £300 or less.  I say this because there is a 4 month wait according to the dealer.

However, what I am more concerned about is the used prices.  Just been on Skoda.co.uk and there are a few of them, I admit they are 3 doors when I'd like a 5 door but for a 2-3 month old car the price is £8,500?  Anyone have any thoughts on why the car has lost so much in a few months?  I know it will be a demo model but still.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=603041860

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=602996012

Skoda is a make that suffers from higher than average depreciation, because of the unfashionable brand.  Also there is such a flood of used and nearly new cars on the market that used prices have to be realistic to sell.  The Citigo Sport is badly overpriced as new.  Just look at new prices for other city cars such as the i10, C1 etc.  I paid £11,005 for my Elegance Greentech.  Only for the fact that I like the car so much I think I should have had my head felt for spending so much on a tiny car LOL.

PS don't get the white one.  I have seen all three and the white one looks like poo compared with either the Black or red.  Why oh why did they put red stripes on the white car?????

Edited by CitigoAllen

Very interesting points raised CitigoAllen.  I didn't really consider the price against other city cars.  I too like the car so much would buy it anyway.  I'd consider the Up because I think the glass tailgate looks better but the price is even more. :giggle:

Although I have yet to see a white one in the flesh you have put some doubt in my mind now.  I always fancied red but many years ago I had a red 205GTi and the red paint would fade to a pink colour on the roof and bonnet.  Needed T-cutting on a regular basis and polishing.  Does this still happen with red cars?

Yes it does, and that would also put me off red, especially as the strip is just a sticker and will cause problems with detailing.  The balck is IMHO the best looking, and the red strip looks good on the black (as does the black on the red car), but I think the white car should have had a black stripe.

Funny how opinions vary. :)

For me Red is the best.

Red cars do fade a little, but not like they used to.

White looks fine, it's black that I am not such a big fan of because they look nice clean, but show every mark and any scratches/swirls/ stonechips quite badly.

So I'd go red, then white, then black.

Colour is a very personal choice.

With regard to used prices, yes they do drop from new by a fair margin, but this is all part of buying a new car.

You should loose around 20% right away because it immediately becomes a used car with an owner on the book.

It doesn't matter if it's only a month old, if you try to sell it nobody is going to pay close to list price for a used car.  It's not rare or exotic enough.

Once that 20% or so has been lost though the depreciation will level out.

So over 2 or 3 years it's not too bad, you just have to accept the sharp drop as you drive out of the showroom or buy used.

But remember, if you do buy used there is still a profit margin and costs in there from the garage.

Even taking a used Citigo back the next day to trade in will see you losing £500 or so overnight as you've stuck another owner in the book plus garage costs to turn the car round again.

Fact is, new cars loose money and used lose money a bit slower.

So if you want a sound investment, don't buy a car. :D

By the way CitigoAllen, I had my Red Citigo detailed and the strip/sticker caused no issue at all!

citigo002.jpg

I agree, I wonder if they will build it with with a black stripe if I go white?  Black stripe and black wheels would look very good.

I am also concerned about detailing and whether the stripe will lift over time.  Also difficult to polish/wax around.

I agree, I wonder if they will build it with with a black stripe if I go white?  Black stripe and black wheels would look very good.

I am also concerned about detailing and whether the stripe will lift over time.  Also difficult to polish/wax around.

Yes that is my thoughts exactly.  I know even plastic trim on bumpers, side protection strips etc are a bother when it come to detailing, and they are more robust than a vynl sticker.  Not every one can afford a professional detailer.  I assume Boss Fox is very wealthy going by the posts he has made about the number of cars he buys and the extreme mods he does to them.

Fair point raised Bossfox.  Red does look great, I have seem more red Sports then any other colour.  I am going to have to think long and carefully about the colour.  I like them all however I have had a black car (VW Corrado many moons ago) and after 7 years, shows every mark, very hot in the summer, I said never again to black.  So it would have to be a red or white one for me.  Also the car would live outside in all weathers.  I just worry about the fading aspect, don't get me wrong I like to keep my cars clean, wax regulary, say every 4 months, but would this be enough for long term ownership?

I had a red Skoda in the past, it faded to pink very quickly.  On the other hand my Dad has just traded a 9 year old Hyundai that was red and it was as vivid as it was the day he bought it.  I just like balck.  I have had two black Octavia cars and bought my wife a black Hyundai (car she had before her new Citigo).  But as as BossFox points out, colour is a matter of taste.  You could order a white Elegance Greentech, and get the balck wheels and a black stripe as options.  That way you would have a higher spec car that gives better mpg and which avoids the rather 'colourful' interior but looks like a sport on the outside.

• Like 1

Fair point raised Bossfox.  Red does look great, I have seem more red Sports then any other colour.  I am going to have to think long and carefully about the colour.  I like them all however I have had a black car (VW Corrado many moons ago) and after 7 years, shows every mark, very hot in the summer, I said never again to black.  So it would have to be a red or white one for me.  Also the car would live outside in all weathers.  I just worry about the fading aspect, don't get me wrong I like to keep my cars clean, wax regulary, say every 4 months, but would this be enough for long term ownership?

I have to be honest.  I'd get white in that situation with the car outside all the time and you keep them a fair time.

Although red paint is better than it was.

I wonder if the stickers go on in the factory or the UK?

If the latter, they could just put the black ones on maybe.

Thanks again CitigoAllen and BossFox.  I seem to be back onto a white Sport, would prefer a black stripe but red will have to do, same colour as the seats though. :rofl:

I now seem to quite fancy an Elegance though, gawd!  Will have a poke around both at the dealers, test drive booked for Saturday in an Elegance.  I am sure it will be one or the other, I just can't justify the Up prices!  Although the "Groove Up" in sunset orange I saw at the dealers looked cool. :giggle:

Console yourself, the back hatch on the Up is aweful looking.  Makes it look like a C1.  At least the Citigo has a proper hatch door.

Edited by CitigoAllen
  • Like 1

I think your right, it would be worth saving and travelling as long as not too far. ie Surrey to Scotland for example.  I really appreciate the guidance into Citigo ownership.

I travelled from Sheffield to Bournemouth to get a pre reg sport with 5miles on clock for less than £9k

Travelled overnight on the National Express

I'd do it again for sure

Luckily the pick up coincided with the national meet

What a fantastic weekend that was

• Like 1

I travelled from Sheffield to Bournemouth to get a pre reg sport with 5miles on clock for less than £9k

Travelled overnight on the National Express

I'd do it again for sure

Luckily the pick up coincided with the national meet

What a fantastic weekend that was

That was a bargain.  I prefer the styling of the Elegance, but for less than £9K with delivery miles I would have bought a Sport (if it was 5 door).

That was a bargain.  I prefer the styling of the Elegance, but for less than £9K with delivery miles I would have bought a Sport (if it was 5 door).

Yes, the 3 door is going for £8,995.

Not seen any 5 doors under that.  Mighty tempting though. :D

Well I went with the wife to sign the docs for her White Sport yesterday and although white was her choice, it does look the dogs danglies in the flesh!

I wouldn't have another black car if you paid me. Only time they look good is in the showroom or after a full detail!

Picking ours up next Monday so ill get done decent pics up after I've undone the Skoda valeters work and got it waxed!

Edited by vtectransplant
  • Like 2

You should loose around 20% right away because it immediately becomes a used car with an owner on the book.

It doesn't matter if it's only a month old, if you try to sell it nobody is going to pay close to list price for a used car.  It's not rare or exotic enough.

The 20% is more the VAT the first customer pays being eaten up straight away, followed by the sales commission, then you have the used car real value.

Give it a little time for the car to bed in and get a good reputation and the second hand prices will not drop as much?

I am looking forward to the pictures vtectransplant, I am going to stick by my first thoughts which is a white one.  If I can find a delivery mileage white sport I shall jump at the chance to save a few pennies, if not than I shall go new.  Not discounting an Elegance though, test drive on Saturday will confirm which I prefer.  Local dealer has an Elegance to drive and a red Sport in the showrom.  Depreciation short term doesn't matter too much to me, when my eldest is old enough he wants me to give the car to him!!

I am looking forward to the pictures vtectransplant, I am going to stick by my first thoughts which is a white one.  If I can find a delivery mileage white sport I shall jump at the chance to save a few pennies, if not than I shall go new.

Out of interest I just looked on AutoTrader.

26 cars showing as Sports.

3 of these are S and SE cars with Sport stripes.

Of the remaining 23...

17 Red, 3 White and 3 Black.

Cheapest white one is a 3 door (they pretty much all are 3 door!) for £9.5k.

Red ones start under £9k.

The only two 5 doors are a Black and a White one, the latter of which is Scotland.

They all look like new still!

The 20% is more the VAT the first customer pays being eaten up straight away, followed by the sales commission, then you have the used car real value.

The drop is more like 25%-30% as soon as the car is registered.All cars drop the most in the first year.

That is why i could not stop laughing when a delivery mileage pre reg was advertised with a discount of £200!!

The car was for sale for weeks,and no doubt it is still for sale.

£10100 for a car that is worth £8000 in the trade.  Arthur Daley taught all the car salesmen very well.