New tyres, again!

AndyC

The original Dunlops on my Yeti are now down to less than 1mm above the wear indicators on the front. So t 22500 I've decided to change all four and go down the all seasons route. I can find the Goodyears in stock at Etyres. Does anyone have any other recommendations, please?

Andy

I'd price all the inernet suppliers, from Black Circles to Oponeo, and then go and talk to one of the local small independent tyre fitters and see what he can offer. My local bod has always undercut them, especially when you take into account any fitting charges.

If you don't know an indi, find out who Black Circles use in your area. Often they will make more dealing with you direct than they will from the small amount they get from BC!

I fitted Goodyear Vector 4Seasons to my 4x4 Yeti and they are brilliant. In the snow and packed ice here in SW France last winter I could drive up any gradient with complete confidence. Good in rain too. It will be interesting to see how many miles I get out of them.

Hi Andy,

I am looking at changing mine to Goodyear Vector 4Seasons as well. Someone else reccmmended

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m140b0s8019p105296/Goodyear_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Goodyear_Vector_4_Season_-_225_50_R17_94V_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_70dB

When I last looked they were the cheapest. But picking up Graham's point, I haven't asked my local shops their best price yet.

Car insurance is due, work on the house is continuing and we pick up a new Citigo on Sunday from those nice people at Sinclairs in Swansea, all conspire to put the change of tyres further down the list.

I will probably get around to changing them just as the first flake of snow falls and the price is sky high. Oh yes, i must remember to order some logs  :giggle:

I had the dealer swap the factory-fitted tyres for Vector 4Seasons when I took delivery of my new L&K at the end of May. Pleased with their summertime performance - hope they're good in the winter!

I had the dealer swap the factory-fitted tyres for Vector 4Seasons when I took delivery of my new L&K at the end of May. Pleased with their summertime performance - hope they're good in the winter!

Did they charge you for the swap?

My dealer swapped mine before I took delivery, all they asked for was the difference in cost between the Dunlop SP1 and the Goodyear vector4 seasons.

At the time it was a whopping 75p  :rofl:  they didn't charge me in the end :thumbup:  

I am expecting delivery shortly and I asked my dealer (in York) if they could do exactly that for me. They said they were not allowed to. They had to deliver it as from the factory. Who was your dealer hmibennett? I see you are also from God's own country!

I am expecting delivery shortly and I asked my dealer (in York) if they could do exactly that for me. They said they were not allowed to. They had to deliver it as from the factory. Who was your dealer hmibennett? I see you are also from God's own country!

MSB of Darlington. Very helpful - recommended. Incidentally, while I have lived for nearly 30 years in what some refer to as 'God's own country', I am only a visitor according to locals. I come from the real GOC- Kent.